Check my build..any advice/comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K, just picked up my Mobo and processor. Stepped it up a notch and got a AMD 1090t and Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H.
Now onto PSU. Thinking Corsair - heard good things about them. Dont' have a top vent on my case but hoping it'll work out so I don't have to buy a new case. Also looking for a new monitor. Like Samsung so if there's any recommendations let me know.

Got flamed for buying the AMD now with Sandy bridge coming out on another site but oh well. Not going to buy one anyway and I don't see AMD prices dropping soon.

So instead of rambling I guess I could be specific:
1. Corsair good? Thinking 650W after calculating on a site.
2. Monitor? 21-23 would fit, LED worth it for basic surfing and WoW?
3. Best RAM? Better to go 4x4G or fill all the slots with 4x2G?
4. Want to grab an SSD for OS and WoW. Thinking in the 60G to 90G range. Recommendations?
5. Storage drive - WD Black good? Also like Seagate.

Not looking to spend a fortune so don't really need the highest end recommendations if anyone has some good value tips I'd appreciate it.

Thanks awesome dudes and dudettes.

Kev

Corsair, Antec, FSP (Fortron), OCZ are all good. PC Power & Cooling, Enermax, Seasonic, Sparkle are also good but more expensive.

For a monitor, the bigger the better. LCD is the main now. The LED backlights are nice but more expensive.

I am running 4x2GB and doubt I will ever max it. 4x4GB would be a waste in my eyes.

Same for a SSD as a monitor... bigger is better. Just my Win7 folder is over 50GB.

WD Black are the tops right now. The Samsung Spinpoint F3 is close behind if you go with the larger drives. Seagate used to be tops but they have stumbled ever since they bought out Maxtor.

Thanks again Trotter. Always good advice. I think I'll stick with WD Black, can get good deals as well. SSD I'll see what I can afford - also looking at SATA3 SSDs which will up the price. Not sure if the money is better spent on more storage or SATA3. I'll probably just go LCD. Sure LED is great but I've liked my LCD for years so no worries there. And my bad, meant better to go with 2x4G or 4x2G? Does it make a real difference. The stuff I'm looking at is a decent price with the 8G for 100. Some might not like it but I'm not a purist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom