go with a build like this or sandybridge build

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
so im in a little dilemma i really need a new pc and have been going back and forth with alot of things now with sandy bridge announced it makes things that much harder i dont know if i should build a pc based on that or what i was going to do this is my first pc build and im struggling to finalize

is it worth going with sandy bridge? which processor in the lineup should i go for that would be equal to my current layout here?...when will the motherboards and processors be available on sites such as newegg?

any other comments on the build are welcomed

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Western Digital Caviar Black WD6402AAEX 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ASUS VH232H Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor w/Speakers & HDMI

XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-650HX 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power ...

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1333C7 G

ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Subtotal: $1,529.89

Yha go sandybridge.

the 2600k is suppose to be $319, same as a 950, and performs, so far, way better. Almost 5Ghz on air with about the same power usAge.

Btw I just bought a 950 too!

so if i go with a p67 board is there integrated graphics on that at as well?..im going to get a separate video card i figure thats better in case i decide to do different stuff later on plus the other boards i think you cant overclock so i might do that as well in the future

if theres integrated graphics on that board do i have to turn it off in some way when using a separate gpu?

i read this in pcworld article

"The Core i7-2600K comes with a new fan–heat sink unit similar to the one introduced with the Core i7-980X last year, and that requires a special bracket to be installed underneath the motherboard; this is easy if you're assembling a system from scratch, but not if you want to replace a chip in one you've already built."

can anyone show me a video or exactly explain how this brack is install as i said this is my first build and like to be prepared dont want to run into any problems when im installing things..also does this processor come like the 950 with the thermal paste already applied or do you have to do it your self?

Its just a back plate that any decent cpu heat sink comes with. Its used as the assemblys heavy and you bolt/screw the heatsink and fan into it.

I doubt anyone can honestlty answer if it comes preapplied as no one here has seen one yet, but odds are it will.

Oddly, no one will be replacing a 1155 chip as no one can buy one yet.... so no one has an exisiting 1155 setup.

Its just a back plate that any decent cpu heat sink comes with. Its used as the assemblys heavy and you bolt/screw the heatsink and fan into it.

I doubt anyone can honestlty answer if it comes preapplied as no one here has seen one yet, but odds are it will.

Oddly, no one will be replacing a 1155 chip as no one can buy one yet.... so no one has an exisiting 1155 setup.

thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom