Computer turned off and won't turn back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I just built this for my friend:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/build-friend-239978/

It was up and running for a couple hours with win 7 64 and after playing wow for about an hour, it just shut off on him and won't turn back on. I thought the cpu might have overheated or something, but it still won't turn on now that it is the next day, so I don't think that is it but can't be sure. I reconnected all the power connections and reseated the RAM but no dice. Suggestions on what to do next?

I had the "No turn on" scenario some time ago and it ended up being the PSU. I would suggest dropping in a different PSU and seeing if the PC with turn on then. I fit does then you know the PSU was bad.

EDIT= I was typing the same time and MindoverMaster- LOL

There are a few lights on the motherboard but none are turning on why I try to start it up.

The light on the motherboard signifies that there is power going into it. No matter how much.

Guess I'm just faster than you, Acerinpa. :p

Yep- I actually wrote a sentence on the MOBO lights- but decided to delete it as figured it may be too long - so not only are you faster- but more comprehensive as well.

Well, I half-way agree. There can still be a light on, but the PSU does not have enough power to start the computer. Done that first hand.

I agree with you , in fact - that was exactly what my experience was with my office PC = PSU did fire up MOBO lights, but not enough power was sent from PSU to boot the PC. SO, took it into a shop that "tested" the PSU and it failed. However, didn't the post above say that "none are turning on". I understood that to mean that no MOBO lights turn on at all. Therefore, not much question left- the PSU is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom