a little disapointed, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scroudt

In Runtime
Just finished upgrading my PC. Basically bought a new one. I upgraded the CPU, motherboard, Ram, and GPU. Re-installed windows 7 pro 64-bit, ran the Windows experience index, and my CPU only scored a 4.1?

Any suggestions why it might be so low? my old AMD Phenom 4x 2.21 scored higher then that.

my new PC specs are in my sig.

the windows performance system is crap. play games and if you're getting worse FPS then you've got a hardware problem.

The above user is 100% correct, the system is rather innacurate.

But that same processor by friend has with a 6850 graphics card, runs crysis with max AA and maxed settings at 45-65 FPS, so no problem.

Agreed WIE is just a crappy guide for who... well i still haven't worked that one out yet.

I'm sure you have but Just double check all drivers are installed and upto date and you have got them the manufacturer website or the official Vendors website.

dont install drivers from the windows updater.

If you like check your performance by typing in the search box in the start menu - perfmon /report and hit enter, should take 60secs to generate a report.

definitely check your drivers from the manufacturer, that's a common thing that people tend to overlook when they upgrade. Another thing that could contribute to the lower CPU score (as there aren't CPU drivers) could be their Cool 'N Quiet feature. Basically what it does is clocks down the CPU when it's idling to consume less power, and it only brings the CPU back up to it's full clock speed when you do something like game or run CPU intensive tasks. Only to stomp this point into the ground cause it's kind of funny, the WEI feature isn't intense enough (or worthwhile enough) to trigger the increase in CPU clock speed.

thanks guys, I kinda thought something my be wrong...I'll double check for updated drivers for my MB. hadn't even gotten that far yet. just put everything together yesterday, and I haven't even tried any games yet. guess while I'm at it, I'll check for updates on my GPU as well

take a couple minutes and pewpew some baddies :p no sense of you buying all those fun components and not even giving them a shot.

Microsoft's Windows Experience Index is....well to keep it clean, dung. The only true way to know if there is a performance problem is to use resource-heavy applications/games. If you notice they run slower, then yes, there IS a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom