Potential first time build: would like any and all advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSFord

Baseband Member
Ok, so. Im about to [hopefully] embark into the world of computer building, and I've put together a potential buid on newegg. I would love if your guys here would be so kind as to make sure everything here would work together, and of you could reccomend me better components for equal or less price that would be great as well. Just mainly looking for all the advice I can get here before I decide to go through with this.
Thanks =]

Case:
Newegg.com - Antec TWO HUNDRED S Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Power Supply:
Newegg.com - Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W Continuous Power ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Processor:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X2 255 Regor 3.1GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX255OCGMBOX

RAM:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5S-2GBNT

Hard Drive:
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Optical Drive:
Newegg.com - ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

and Im topping it off with Windows 7 64Bit OEM from Newegg.

If there are any ways possible I could cut the cost without losing much performance would be great, because I still have to buy a monitor as well. I'll be using it just mainly as general use and possibly playing wow some right now. I'll be getting a video card when i can afford it, but right now i cant.

Thanks in advance everyone.

I appreciate your input very much! and it shouldn't be too much of an issue to get the extra money for the suggestions you've made. I was actually trying to get a quad core, but couldn't find one for a low enough price. I guess combo's are the way to go there lol. If I have to I can always just use an old CRT monitor until i get the cash for an LCD. Hopefully I'll Be able to order this stuff sometime in the near future. until then im still open to suggestions =]

Figure out what you max budget can/will be and we will see what we can shoehorn into it. I would much rather see you get an AM3 board and DDR3.

500 is probably gonna be dead max, and thats gonna have to include shipping. I'm gonna have save for a bit just to get that much honestly. hopefully I can scrape together enough change to get a decent LCD monitor, but I'll be buying that locally.

oh, and kindof off subject, but I know you guys here have ordered from Newegg before, and I just need to know, do they include any kind of receipt or anything with the package that ships that says the price you paid for what you ordered? I still live with my dad and he would flip if he seen I spent 500 buck on computer parts right now lol.

thanks again =]

yeah they include a full receipt in case any of the parts are DOA or you need to RMA them at some point. You might be able to do a gift receipt which wouldn't have the prices, just the items but I'm not sure if it's something they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom