Quick CPU question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
How does the AMD Phenomâ„¢ II Triple-Core Processor P840 compare to the likes of say a core i5 2.4Ghz ?

Cheers :)

I will say it up front. Lets keep it civil folks. Every time we have a question like this we always get a fight. Answer the question, provide information. Thank you.

There are to many issues involved to answer this question. Performance is based upon a combination of parts. (1) cpu will have different results when used in (2) different motherboards. And different memory can also change the cpu's performance. What do you want the cpu to do and how much are you willing to spend.

Well I have a laptop with a core i5 2.4Ghz with 4GB DDR3 (Dell Studio) and my dad is looking at getting a Vaio with the AMD Phenom II Triple-Core P840 which has 6GB DDR3 and is £20 more expensive but it comes with bluetooth (mine didn't).

Because of the extra core the AMD should be slightly better if your a big multi-tasker. But the dual-core i5 should be better at performing specific tasks because of the faster core speed. I'd say it depends upon what the computer will be used for and if bluetooth is a requirement.

That is the information I wanted, I think he's going for the Vaio over an XPS system as the Vaio has the bluetooth obviously and a blueray player :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom