Budget AMD 64 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoWnDaWg

Solid State Member
Is This A Good AMD System?

Ok well I have been looking around for so long for a good AMD Athlon 64 Build, And I Have Found a good one for under $900 CDN And i would like to hear your feedback on this (this also DOES NOT include monitor, CD drive, ect because i have them already). The 2 places i looked for parts was www.tigerdirect.ca , and www.memoryexpress.com (local store). I order from these places because they have been rated top for canadian computer sales (or something like that :p)

So Heres The Parts And Price:

Processor- AMD Athlon™ 64 3000+: $219.95 (MemoryExpress)
Mobo- Asus K8V Deluxe: $159.95 (MemoryExpress)
Memory- Ultra 512MB PC3200: $126.99 (Tigerdirect.ca)
Case- Antec Plusview 1000AMG: $109.95 (MemoryExpress)
HD- Maxtor 80GB SATA: $94.95 (MemoryExpress)
VC- nVidia FX5700 LE 256MB: $136.99 (Tigerdirect.ca)

GST/Shipping: $74.81
Rebates: $30.00
TOTAL COST: $893.59

So what do you think?

The specs look fine except for the Video Card and Mobo. There isn't really anything wrong with the mobo I personally, favor the MSI k8n Neo2 Plat because of the nforce 3 chipset.

But again I've heard good things about the k8v as well so its your choice.

As for the video card I see that getting a 9800 pro would shoot you over the budget mark. If you could maybe wait before upgrading on the Video Card the 6600 gt AGP is supposed to be out sometime soon in November I believe. This card will be in the price range of the 9800 pro and I believe it will outperform it.

These cards are just for gaming so if you're not much of a gamer then by all means your system looks fine. Might also check to see the price on a 9700 xt, those supposed to be good cards to. Good luck on your upgrade!

Edit: I r grate spelr

If you have read any of my other posts then you would know i am a anti-ATI, plus any VC is better than my nVidia 4X AGP 5200 :) plus i can always upgrade. the main purpose for the comp is to play Americas army and run chat clients and so on.

Ah ok, I guess im an Nvidia guy myself but I'm not blind to a good video card :p, and i know Ati's 9700, 9800 cards were very popular.

Also I looked at your mobo and I noticed it was for s754. The A8v ( I believe is for S939) is around the same price range I'm sure, and the s939 3000+ is around 20$ more at newegg USD.

And just incase you didn't know, s754 does not support dual channel incase you had planned on getting that in the future. Hope this helps!

Edit: I was wrong about the s939 mobo and s754 mobo being the same price. The s939 setup would be a little more expensive which is a shame because as you probably already know its more futureproof.

ya i wanted to buy stuff from newegg.com but since i live in canada they dont ship there, so i have to order from places that ship to canada, witch Tigerdirect.ca is the cheapest.

HoWnDaWg said:
ya i wanted to buy stuff from newegg.com but since i live in canada they dont ship there, so i have to order from places that ship to canada, witch Tigerdirect.ca is the cheapest.

Get the 6600GT, it easily outperforms the 9800 series from ATI and even matches and beats the ATI X800 pro in some instances.

you have to remeber i dont have 30 billion dollars to spend :p, im trying to keep it under $1000. if you guys can find a really cheap canadian computer place like newegg but for canada PLEASE tell me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom