Anyone used "Ultimate Boot cd" to test a Hard Drive before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennylegend

Solid State Member
Im trying to see if a HD i have from a laptop is dodgy and with there being just so many options that take hours to run within "ultimate boot cd", i was wondering if anyone came could recommend the best utility in the package to test the HD.

thx.

Depending on the brand of the hard drive, UBCD has the diagnostics from the maker. I would suggest that, or if this notebook drive is not attached to another computer, use chkdsk /r (note the space before the slash). Yes, these can take many hours to complete, especially if a large drive, but to be thorough, it takes a long time.

Depending on the brand of the hard drive, UBCD has the diagnostics from the maker. I would suggest that, or if this notebook drive is not attached to another computer, use chkdsk /r (note the space before the slash). Yes, these can take many hours to complete, especially if a large drive, but to be thorough, it takes a long time.

Ya i saw the option to test my WD drive but the program started and then asked me in dos to "launch", about" or "exit" and there was no option to launch...ie none of the letters were highlighted in the word "launch" to press. It kept bringing me around in circles.

I eventually used the Parted Magic tool and used the Health Inspection tool in that. Took about 2.5hrs for the complete test and showed up that the drive was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom