Wireless Adapter for half size expansion slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillstalker

Baseband Member
Hi guys, recently built a new computer and added a wireless PCI express card to it. My Dad then saw this and decided he wanted one and so I began searching for one for him. The only problem is, is that when i came to take a look at what free slots he had a found that the expansion slots on his case are, I would say, roughly half the size of a regular computers slot, meaning most wireless cards wont fit. Anyway I was wondering if there are special wireless cards for this situation, and if so do they have a special name and maybe you could give me an example? His computer is an Acer Aspire X1301, think it's a space-saver hence the reason half size slots?
Thanks alot Techies!
Regards,
Chillstalker

I'm not sure about these 'half size' slots or even what you are referring to. Are you talking about the sockets on the motherboard being smaller? There are different kinds of PCI slots.

In any case, you can also get USB wireless adapters. I've been using a D-Link WUA-1340 for my desktops for years now. I also have it connected to a long USB extension cord so I can move it around fairly freely to wherever it gets best signal.

D-Link - Wireless USB Category Product List

Marc

I get what your saying Chillstalker. You're talking about low profile slots. I would skip out on any PCI wireless cards and go with a USB like said above. ^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom