New Computer... Curious to see if all is compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

xOddeye

Beta member
Hello all,

I am new to the Tech Forums site and am looking for some feedback! ^-^
Any help or assistance would be much appreciated. :)

What I'm looking to build now is a low budget gaming rig.

Here's what I've got coming (as long as no one says something won't work).

Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified, Single 12V Rail, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7,i5" Power Supply - $59.99

EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - $159.99

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - $69.99

OR, This MOBO

MSI 880GM-E43 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $49.99

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX - $144.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - $49.99

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - $59.99

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM - $19.99

All items have come from Newegg.

Thank in advance for all your help, time, and consideration.

I agree a Corsair would be a better choice. I think your choice of motherboard is fine as long as you understand a microATX board will have fewer expansion slots and like both those you listed, most microATX boards come with integrated graphics solutions. That's not a problem, but it is a feature you are paying for but don't intend to use. I personally prefer Gigabyte over MSI, but MSI makes good boards too.

I don't see a license for an operating system. Understand that only retail versions of Windows licenses are legally transferable from older computers. OEM and upgrades tied to OEM licenses are NOT legally transferable to new computers under any circumstance.

Thank you very much for your opinions! In regards to the post about a full ATX MOBO ... I was wondering if either had a suggestion as to which to get... My budget is around 650 to 700 dollars.... What I have posted I believe is around 614... I do not wish to spend loads on a mobo as in the past, my mobo's that I get away with have had no problems whatsoever.

Again,
Thank you for your time!
xOddeye

Well, you did not respond to the OS issue. If your budget is $650 and you are already at $614, a full size board may bust the bank. There is no evidence to suggest a full size board is more reliable than a microATX board. More money may buy you more features, and maybe (or not) better sound, but that does not mean better reliability. I say "or not" for sound because many microATX boards are designed to be integrated into home theater systems and come with excellent audio support.

MicroATX has no problems, you just get less features. Yours is $70? I bought a GA-P55-USB3 for ~$100. It's not that much expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom