Haunted computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sioux

Solid State Member
Hi all!

Frequently (i.e. on a daily basis) encountering serious random issues with a PC with the following config: MB - GA EP43C-DS3 (Intel chipset P43); Processor Intel E8400 (@3GHz); Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512Mb); RAM 4G (Corsair DDR3 @1333MHz); HDD (x2) WD @ 1Tb; Soundcard Asus Xonar; running Win7 (x32).

A while ago the following issues have started to occur: blue screens and/or at each and every boot a driver is "lost" by the OS (e.g. printer, video, sound) and found following a restart. I have already changed a HDD and the RAM memory and re-installed Win7 a hundred times. Nothing have changed though. Issues still present.

Another thing I have noticed is that WIn7 installations take ages (at least for the first 2 screens)! Not sure whether this is or not related to the other issues.

Any ideas what could all this be? Any software I could use to test the **** machine? I could only guess that there might be another hardware piece to blame, but already have changed some of it based on my own guess (resulting into money down the drain).

While I was seriously considering an exorcist :p, was also hoping that could get some help from you computer literate ppl out there. BTW, I'm no teckie at all (just a lame user), therefore plain English would be enourmously appreciated.

Thx in advance.

Hey there farinha. I've run the software as directed, but for some reason my print screen function isn't working (possibly some driver issue with the Logitech keyboard, which I'm gonna fix today - my connection was down yesterday). Anyway, gonna post the results as soon as possible. One more thing: I've run Memtest 86 on my new RAM and found 2 errors in test #7 (Windows memory test found nothing though). What shoud I do? Change the RAM again (together with whatever else part would be found faulty)?

So I've heard, Mindover, but like I said, no teckie here so wanted to double check with whatever available tools I have. Anyways, tried to attach here something but can't find the... tool. How do you guys upload an image here? Wanted to post up a pic with my screen in Memtest, which oddly enough reads my CPU as a Intel P45 (instead of P43) o_O. Is this normal?

Use imageshack.us Upload your picture. Copy the
img ] code and drop it in a post.

I agree with mindover. It seems to be a faulty RAM stick. Test each one separately to know which one is bad. I was pointing to the PSU because you said you already have changed the RAM.

Well, the one that you see in the pic IS the new RAM (which I got a week ago). My previous RAM (AData DDR2) was showing something like 35K errors, so obviously I had to change it. Was just wondering if a bad MB could screw them up or at least screw up the reading in the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom