New computer freezes up for 5-6 seconds every so often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to have to backup everything I have and start fresh with the install then huh? Just disable the ide drive all together

You might need to re-install but I don't think so. I would find another monitoring program to double check your system's voltages. I have to go back to work right now but I'll find you one to check with when I get home, unless someone beats me to it.

Right now it looks like your power supply is failing.

Your motherboard came with a utility called "MSI Control Center", it should be on the cd that came with the motherboard or you can download it here.

This utility will do overclocking and a few other things, but I don't recommend using it for that.

What it will do is tell us your temperatures and basic voltages. Install the utility and start it up. Go to "Green Power - Basic" and post your voltages and temperatures.
msi1n.jpg

while your waiting for the other guys to reply, try doing a disk check, can sometimes fix a few problems :). Go to start>computer. right click your HDD the contains the OS and click properties. Go to the tools tab and click on "check now" under error-checking, check both the boxes (the first one should already be checked) and click start. Shut down your computer and manually restart your computer and let it do its thing. Go make a cuppa and chill for a bit because this could take an hour or 2 :). This will check and replace any bad OS files hopefully fixing or helping your problem. Made mine work properly anyway :D.
Regards,
Chillstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom