Is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbernie41

In Runtime
Is this a good deal? Its a used, custom built PC. But to me, it still seems like a good deal but I just wanted some input from some people here.

Case:Mid-ATX CASE POWMAX 400WPS

WinXP Pro
-Processor:Amd Athlon 64 3200+ 1mb cache Core@2000mhz FSB @1600mhz (socket 754)
-CPU HEATSINK:AMD64 PAL8150T
-DDR RAM:2x512mb DDRAM 1GB TWINX 1024-3200C2PRO RT
-Motherboard:Abit- K8T800/VT8237 KV8-MAX3 16bitx16bit HyperTransport bus.
-Built-in AC`97 6 channel audio!
-Harddrive:2x HD 36GB|WD 10,000rpm WD360GD 8MB SATA in raid0
-Video:RADEON 9800PRO 128mb 8x(Custom socket 7 CPU cooler on the GPU, awsome over clocking, up to 450mhz reliably on the GPU and 766mhz on the mem)
-17" eXtreme flat screen
-Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse
Creative Labs 5200 5.1 Channel Speaker System

All for $725 shipped.

Leave some opinions!

ya thats pretty good, but me, im a nVidia guy so i would get a diff video card, and is the monitor a LCD or a CRT? because CRT's have better refreshrates witch makes for smoother gameplay. I Know i would NEVER buy a used comp. (just me and my superstitions). but for that price you should get it, other than the points i mentioned its pretty good.

HoWnDaWg said:
ya thats pretty good, but me, im a nVidia guy so i would get a diff video card, and is the monitor a LCD or a CRT? because CRT's have better refreshrates witch makes for smoother gameplay. I Know i would NEVER buy a used comp. (just me and my superstitions). but for that price you should get it, other than the points i mentioned its pretty good.

The 9800 Pro isn't bad for the price, and it easily beats its Nvidia GeForce FX counterparts. Now the Radeon X series is a different story. In fact, my experiences with it have changed me over to being an Nvidia person.

well when i play Americas Army with a 9800 Pro (At My Neighbors) it encounters lag issues and sometime the "checkerboard" effect (when the textures are all pink and purpule and some look like a checkerboard. and due to that i have Started a Personal"anti-ATI" Campaign. its just what you personaly like. but i cant say that its a BAD VC, because its not. its an amazing card, just depends what your using it for.

that seems like a really good deal. just go 4 it and make changes as u wish. i'd suggest a new sound card. u might have some other ideas of ur own :bald:

that is an awosme deal considering it comes with a monitor wireless keyboard and mouse and GREAT cpu and gpu

go for it...wish i had that deal

Yeah I think Im gonna get it and then on the day after thanksgiving pick up a sound card, tv in, and around a 160 gig HD and also use this system to record tv shows:D

I wanna try some decent video editing, sound recording, and 3D stuff. For the price I dont think this system can be beat... and I KNOW its definately an upgrade over the current 800 mhz P3 with 256mb of PC133 system that Im using.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom