How to install a second videocard (nvidia)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

npopa13

Beta member
Hi, I currently have a nvidia GTX470 videocard installed on my Desktop with win 7, 64bit.
Since Nvidia only allows you to use 2 monitors of of 1 of their cards, you have to use a second videocard to use more monitors. I am a professional videographer and need to have a third monitor going, which is why I need to do this.

Once I buy another GTX470, how do I install it so that I can use BOTH videocards at once? Is it as simple as just installing it into the computer normally or are there extra steps?

Thank you very much.
Nick Popa

Okay great, would Adobe Premiere take advantage of using the memory of that videocard as well for it's new Mercury playback engine?

Firstly, you can only instal a second card if you have a second pci-e spot....

Secondly... Nvidia cards don't crossfire! ATI/AMD do, its SLI in nvidia talk. Plus you need a sli capible board.

But anyway.....

To use a second card for more monitors, get any card, I'd go a gts450 as its a fermi architecture like the 470.

I'm not up on PS, but i believe youre talking about the cuda support/processing PS now does, if so, yes, you can use the 2nd card as a monitor and a cuda/physic card.

What motherboard do you have as well what power supply?
2 cards need more power, and I'm thinking most likely you have agtleast 8x pci-e slot, not a 4x slot which hasn't been around in along time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom