Newb Help with Clearing Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
clearing the cmos is a simple matter of moving the little plastic jumper that has metal in it to connect the pins from 1 & 2...then turn off the computer and the PSU Switch to the off position. Put the jumper on pins 2 & 3 flip on the PSU switch...wait a second..flip it off...switch the jumper back to 1 & 2 and you've cleared the CMOS. Turn the PSU Switch back on, and you now have power to the motherboard. Is there a light that lights up on the motherboard at all? Not when the computer is on, but when the PSU switch is on and just computer is just sitting off technically.

What all did you do when you laid it out on the cardboard meaning what steps did you take to troubleshoot it. Let me know thoroughly what you did. Did you try removing the graphics card? (obviously we aren't looking for a signal there but rather a beep )

also have you tried removing the CPU? The computer will beep if there's no CPU in there and this should tell you if it's the motherboard or not if you take out all these components and it whether it beeps or not. What all did you have connected when you had it out of the case and on the cardboard

EDIT: BTW generally the CMOS jumper is near the battery. If you look near the set of pins you'll see it'll say CMOS near it in tiny white lettering..it's 3 pins straight in a row and the jumper should be sitting on pins 1 & 2 by default.

He said to 'clear the BIOS' so why would you think flashing? Flashing a bios is not 'clearing it Elbatrop...

Ya, I don't know what I was thinking. I know that it's not the same, sorry for my innaccuracies:confused:

I wish more people would do some studying that way they would have some knowledge of what there trying to figure out.
Makes it alot easier to understand .Before i even touched the inside of a computer or formated a drive i studied for a month or more . Then it was like a walk in the park when it came to doing it
Go Nubius :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom