Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypig99

Solid State Member
just built my new pc today with

asus m4a79xtd evo
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

g skill ripjaws 1600 MHz
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

phenom II x2 555
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX

everything worked fine and installed windows 7 64 bit

downloaded cpuz to check and this came up is it normal? the wierd thing is when i first boot the system and open cpuz the frequency of cpu is 3200mhz then after a few minutes it goes down to 800mhz, the ram seems not right :

cpuzkla.jpg

Not having your board or a AMD proc here are some thoughts:

You have some type of cool and quite (speedstep for Intel procs) turned on which is downclocking your cpu when not in heavy use.
Run prime95 and you will see it jump up to 3,2.
You can either disable it if you always want your cpu at 3,2 or keep it on to save power.

Your RAM needs to be set up properly in bios. Your fsb to dram ratio is incorrect to run at 1600.
Not sure of the details but some google searches should find your answer.

As Hef said, Im pretty sure it is cool n quiet. its in your bios. im not sure where it is exactly ill check in a bit.

edit-

Cool 'N' quiet is in the bios - Advanced>CPU configuration> Cool n quiet. and just disable it

and for your ram. Try going into the Bios - AI tweaker> Dram frequency> Change from [Auto] to [1600MHz]

Try that for a start. My motherboards not the Exact same as yours but pretty close. so see if this helps.

alright my cpu is running at full 3.2ghz now

but the ram is still messed - i did some research and found that the phenom II only supports up to 1333mhz ram?:omg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom