Sound Driver Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon1

Solid State Member
Okay, well I'm attempting to fix my sound driver by updating it. The only problem is, I don't know what sound driver I have. I know I have a VIA HD Driver, but when I try to install one, there are several choices and I do not know what to pick

VIA Drivers Download - VIA Technologies, Inc.

Thats the link. I first pick;
Microsoft Windows
Windows 7 64 bit
Audio
Then I'm unsure of what to pick here.

Anybody know the solution to finding out what type of driver I have for that part?
Thanks.

I have an Asus p5kpl-cm motherboard. I already tried downloading their drivers from their site, but the problem of my sound randomly crashes still exists. I am using a USB headset.

Its a Gigaware headset. The exact model im not sure of because I can't seem to locate the box. And no my sound didn't crash when I was using headphones with those jacks you plug into the back. It seems to only happen with these USB ones. This is the second exact headphones I had before, since the other one completely broke. My other USB Gigaware had the sound problem too, though started after using the new ones. Using speakers it seems to be fine, though I am going to test those now.

The headset appears to use win7 built in drivers.

Have you disabled onboard sound?
looked for a driver update from windows update?

I would say it is more of a driver conflict than needing an updated driver for your soundcard as the usb headsets do not use that driver.

Yeah, the speakers don't crash like my USB headset does. How would I disable onboard sound? If I do disable onboard sound what would that effect? And yeah, I've lookeed for driver updates but nothing. And if it is a driver conflict how would I fix that? Sorry I'm a complete noob lol.

Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.

Go to Sound, video etc. Find the one for your onboard. Right mouse click and disable.

You can always reinable it later.

Screenshot for reference:

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 52
****, I tired disabling the onboard sound but my sound still crashes through my headset. Any other suggestions?

Try a different usb port. Try them on a different computer to see if the problem is the headset or your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom