Need a quick check on my first build :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzalo132

Beta member
Hey guys, I'm very new to PC building so I'm wondering whether you guys could help me out to check if all this is compatible. I've done a litter homework and think everything is ok but it would be great to get an expert opinion. Also, any advice on whether I need extras, such as fans etc, or alternative products would be great. I currently have windows, a monitor, a mouse, a keyboard and speakers so that's all sorted out :). Well, here's the build:

Case: Casecom MA-1199 Shiny Silver with Black Front MATX.. | Ebuyer.com
Mobo: Asus P7H55-M LX Motherboard | Ebuyer.com
CPU: Intel Core i3 550 3.2GHz Socket 1156 4MB L3 Cache.. | Ebuyer.com
GPU: Zotac GTX 460 Synergy 768MB Dual DVI Mini HDMI Out.. | Ebuyer.com
RAM: Kingston DDR3 2GB 1333MHz i5 Memory Module CL9 1.5V | Ebuyer.com
HDD: Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB.. | Ebuyer.com
Power Supply: Antec TruePower New 650W Modular PSU - 80plus Bronze.. | Ebuyer.com
CD/DVD Drive: LiteOn IHAS124-19 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA.. | Ebuyer.com

As you can imagine, I'm quite nervous about doing this so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Why not save some dosh while you are at it? This bundle has an honest to goodness quad in it, not a dual with hyperthreading. Patriot wouldn't be my first choice but it works. Take the extra you save and get an identical stick or RAM to give you 4GB.

AMD Athlon 640 Bundle Including Athlon X4 640 AM3 Processor, Asus M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard and Patriot 2GB DDR3 1333 Memory
£144.99 inc. vat

If you can squeeze an extra £12, go with a WD Black hard drive instead of the Blue. more performance.
Western Digital WD5001AALS 500GB Hard Drive SATAII.. | Ebuyer.com

Hey thanks for all your advice! I think I'm going to go with the AMD bundle! Great idea haha. Thanks a bunch everyone and I'll tell you about it when its all done! hopefully..

Oh yeah! Can anyone link me to a solid guide for physically putting the rig together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom