Overclocking a 955 BE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
Hi guys,

I got my new build up and running and I'm ready to OC. My main question is do I up the frequency or the multiplier and if it's both than in what order?

Nevermind,

I can't raise my multi without needing to reset my bios so I'm doing it the hard way but I'm at 3.4 stable so far.

I'm stuck I'm at 3680Mhz. I get a BSOD if I raise the frequency any higher and raising the voltage ain't fixing it. What should I do?

The BSOD is:
0x0000001E

I believe it's RAM but I don't know timings that well or if I should raise the voltage.

EDIT: Just got a 0x0000000A too at 3680Mhz.

At 3.600 I'm stable.

Untitled-3.png

EDIT: Just got another 0x0000000A at 3.6 so I'm now at 3520 waiting for advice. :(

Yes? I haven't even touched the voltages. So I take it that's high? I don't think it's accurate.

EDIT: It's not. My stock volt is at 1.392.

If the RAM is tripping you up, try underclocking it. As you OC the CPU it will raise the RAM as well, so if you underclock the RAM itself it won't be running as high when you bump up the multiplier. Kapish? And I hope I got that straight.

I get what your saying Trotter. I'm also wondering about timings because I read that they could be strangling my OC.

Would underclocking loosen it enough to avoid changing the timings?

I'm not sure, mate, as overclocking is not my forte... I don't have the patience fr messing with it. Slay may be able to give you pointers on that even though you are rocking AMD.

I've hit a wall and I think this is my motherboard limiting me.

I'm at 230*16=3680Mhz @ 1.45v and 383.3mhz ram 5-5-5-15.

If I adjust the FSB/HTT any higher I get a failed core (#4) on Prime95.
If I turn it up past 235 I don't post.
If I increase the multiplier I don't post. (It's been like that since the beginning.)
I increased the volts up to MY limit (1.6) and I still get a failed core.

Ideas?

Thanks so far guys. This is addicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom