Can I use the front computer case for my headphones(onboard audio), and a sound card for my speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I have a sound blaster sound card that is just laying around because I have my on-board audio, which means I cant use my front case jacks if I use the sound card (doesn't connect with my sound card). Is it true that if I have my sound card in with its drivers and don't disable my on-board, I can plug my mic into the front and talk/get audio and have my speakers hooked up to the sound card? Doesn't have to be at the same time, just separate would even be fine. Just wondering before I pop this in and install drivers etc..

As always, thanks for the help TF, always appreciated!

-Braz

It should have headers like MoM was saying. Whenever you plug in your headphones it will cut off sound to your speakers (normally). Using onboard sound along with a sound card is just... wrong.

ohhhhhhh. The first one looked like it would work. But honestly.... I don't even think Ill use the sound card. Not worth the trouble. Its nothing fancy, just a sound blaster audigy $50 card... plus I only have 2 speakers with a sub for my sound system. Thanks for the help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom