Wellcoming To the world of Tech Saying I need Help With a drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNWLeader

Solid State Member
Hi I am new to the website
As you know I need help to figure out how to crack this thing to usage
I have a My Book Essential 1TB Western Digital External Hard Drive
Here is a link to what it is Walmart.com: Western Digital 1TB My Book Essential USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive, Black: Computers
I have a problem were I need to get this thing to put stuff in it and it is not letting me do as pleased and also that I want to use it without using the software inside this drive and I cannot use it because of the software and this is a really tough one so please I need some assistance.

You do not need the software. I never did on my Essentials 320GB. Can you see it, just not write to it? That may be a conflict of ownership. Are you the administrator of this system?

You do not need the software. I never did on my Essentials 320GB. Can you see it, just not write to it? That may be a conflict of ownership. Are you the administrator of this system?

Yes i am the administrator of my system, also when I bought it the darn thing came with the software, my solution right this minute is to turn it in for a drive with out the software also that the purpose i bought it was to be portable but i got the wrong one so I am thinking of turning it in.

It should have worked out of the box. No software necessary. You just cant write to it, but it shows up in My Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom