Searching similar to Game Prelauncher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychedelic

Solid State Member
Hi everyone.

I discovered this fun program few days ago.
Its not freeware but I could not find something similar. Maybe you can help.
So this app can
Turn off all autoload programs (from all reg keys and startup folders) and services except critical (92% on Win7), turn off the Shell (Explorer), registered dlls, sound themes, even drivers and probably other stuff with single click. Then restart - and here we have Clean Windows game mode.

More ram, free processor.
I got some fps icrease with it (in ffxii emulator in some places + 11!! COD BOps MP- +8!).

So I could not find something similar to Game Prelauncher but free - it will be great!
Booster is fake, amd Fusion does not disable so much.
If you know something similar please say it.

OK I will try to specify requirements.

So that Game Prelauncher can create clean Windows mode, disabling most objects.
There are no tray, no clock, no wallpaper, no start button - all stuff disabled for gaming session only and only one game running.
Most services disabled (on Win 7 only 9 works from 68 - if I also disable network in GPrelauncher profile ), all autorun disabled, Explorer, registered dlls, sound themes and other disabled .
This stuff do not use CPU and harddrive and memory, so frame rate will be increased like in my case on +11 per second.
Like that. For my PC with GF 7900GS its cool result.

Any optimizers that I found can not do it - Game Booster, Game Boost, Fusion. Some of them is just fake by tests.

Scripts or programs

This is a tech forum, and I'm surprised why r u do not know anything about such kind of scripts or programs.

Probably because we are enthusiasts and build our computers to handle running those things plus a game would be my thought. Honestly, I don't really see a need for something like that or at least I would never use it.

Probably because we are enthusiasts and build our computers to handle running those things plus a game would be my thought. Honestly, I don't really see a need for something like that or at least I would never use it.

I agree. On any system built in the last several years those things will use a inconsequential amount of resources so it's not worth the inconvenience of disabling them. Besides many of us like to have other things running while we game, for example I usually have MSI afterburner and/or xfire up on my second monitor while I'm gaming.

This is a tech forum, and I'm surprised why r u do not know anything about such kind of scripts or programs.

This maybe a tech forum with no interest in gimmicky programs but we do use proper grammar.

Game Booster can do 99% of what your asking but besides that its just ridiculous to think your sound profile is robbing you of processing power or anything to a similar degree. I've seen a 5-10fps increase with Game Booster without shutting down anything Windows related, so what your asking is both unnecessary and illegitimate and on top of that you are being rude.

Game Booster can do 99% of what your asking but besides that its just ridiculous to think your sound profile is robbing you of processing power or anything to a similar degree.

Really? Game booster just disables only 15 services from 58 + users programs like icq or Word (3-4). Where Game Prelauncher disables 48 (!) services, plus all autorun+ shell + registered dlls, sounds, drivers and other stuff. Open autoruns program by Russinivish to see how many objects starts with Windows. A Huge list. And it is not autorun ans services only.

I've seen a 5-10fps increase with Game Booster without shutting down anything Windows related, so what your asking is both unnecessary and illegitimate and on top of that you are being rude.
How you can get +10 fps (!) with booster when it almost nothing turn off.
- it is impossible if you just disable 20 processes.
I got only +2-3 - it is always maximum and this is nothing.
I'm not a novice and I can test.
TEST IT WITH FRAPS OR WITH INTERNAL TESTS of any game with the same settings!!

I wrote something in response but I deleted it. I'm not feeding a Troll.

We gave you our advice and suggestions. If you love Game Prelauncher so much and it works for you use it, don't waste our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom