Gaming Category Suggestions

overlord20

Fully Optimized
I was sitting here thinking, would a Mac gamer think to post in PC gaming or would they sit there confused?

Maybe if we changed "PC Gaming" to "PC & Mac Gaming" it would help out new comers that don't know a ton or think that Mac Gaming shouldn't be in the PC Gaming thread. Maybe it could be changed to "Computer Gaming"?

My second suggestion is this, a "Mobile Gaming" section. It may not be needed or maybe it could be a sub forum or something but it might be nice for there to be a place to post the games we like to play on our iPhone/iPad or Android based phone. Tips and suggestions and what not would be able to be asked for as well as given, share and recommend games that you or others have created and that sort of stuff.

There is just a couple suggestions for the Gaming part of the forum. Take them how you like, but I think they could be useful.

Well as far as the PC Gaming aspect goes. A Mac is a PC. PC is only an acronym for Personal Computer. So really it doesnt matter if it is Mac, Windows, Linux or any OS as they all are played on PC's. So i dont see the need to rename it considering that they all are done on a PC of some sort.

There has been talks of an addition of a Mobile Gaming. But at the time there wasnt as many devices. There was only the iPhone at the time and since there are little to no topics about such, there wasnt a major need or requirement to add such a forum. Now that Android has hit as well as Windows Phone 7 which has the addition of XBOX Live this could happen. If we start to see such topics appear on the site, then there could be a discussion to open such a forum. But since there is no topics at all that i have seen or read, it wouldnt prove useful at this time.

So dont think that I am saying it wont happen. Just at this time there isnt a major need for such a thing. Such topics would be under the General Gaming area and last time i checked there was only 1 such topic about gaming on a mobile device total. If we see the draw to such things, we will consider it. Till then it doesnt make much sense to lengthen the length of the forums by adding a new forum which wont have much in regards to topics.

If you can direct me to more than the topic i have seen, i will gladly review this suggestion with the others and take it under heavy consideration.

Figured on the Mobile Gaming..

On the topic of the Pc Gaming name change. People new to it may not really know that PC is an acronym and may think a Mac or Linux is different. But I see where your coming from.

Not to be rude, but 99% of the time, the newbies would be using Windows. Unless they have known Mac/Linux all their life.

It would be possible to not know the PC acronym, but even the most computer illiterate know what a PC is.

Just my views.

Back
Top Bottom