New computer freezes up for 5-6 seconds every so often

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaynesox

In Runtime
Hey I just built a new computer and every so often regardless of what im doing (playing games browsing the nets) the computer will freeze up for a few seconds and not do anything then ill hear a sound in the pc and everything will be smooth again, any idea what this could be? Ill post the specs if itll help too

Is onboard VGA available to test and elimate the graphics card as an issue? How about another set of ram? What are your temps? OS?

As posted above, a full list of specs would be great.

MSI P55-GD80 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #: N82E16813130238

Rosewill Green Series RG700-S12 700W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified,Single 12V Rail,Active PFC"Compatible with Core i7, ...

Thermaltake V9 BlacX Edition with Docking Station (NewEgg Exclusive) SECC / Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS424-98 LightScribe Support

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I5750

SAPPHIRE 100282-3SR Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video ...

ok just posted all of that from newegg, also have a 250gb ide drive that I installed the OS on in, also I dont have an extra vid card or ram

I would make a seperate partition on your Seagate HDD (maybe 50 GB or so) and re-install your OS there. I'd remove your other hard drive during this process as well.

Download HWMonitor, install the program, then start the program. Leave it running for about an hour while your doing your normal computer stuff. Then post a screenshot of all the values. Here's a guide to taking and posting screenshots if you need it Screenshot Tutorial

HWMonitor will let us know if the hardware is running hot, what your voltages are and if there stable as well as other things.

i cant reinstall windows 7 because its an oem version, also ok ill run it

You can reinstall OEM on the same machine, just not on a different one.

Your temps look good, BTW.

Try installing AnVir Task Manager Free and checking your startup processes. it almost sounds like a program is kicking in and out to me. If nothing else you can keep an eye on the CPU meter in the system tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom