iBuypower or Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, I'm about to install the motherboard, ... I'm ok with no wrist band or anything right?

An experienced computer builder that I know, (I asked him the question) told me that those bands and static stuff is for states where it is cold and the static builds up in your body but here in florida you won't need that.

So am I ok ? Btw is installing it on a table good?

edit: I can install the mobo without the processor first ? Like can I do the motherboard first then install the processor once the mobo is in the case?

Its actually easierto put the ram and cpu in first... including the fan, as youve got more room. Just make sure you can plug in the 8/4 pin cpu power.

No straps fine esd is alot less likely now adays... but Ik'm not liable for damage ;)

Hmm my case brought 2 types of mobo screws, (not the stand offs) There's two silver ones that I put in after I stand the mobo on the stand offs but like I said there's two types of silver screws that are exactly the same but one is a bit larger than the other, and they both fit.

edit: also there's no problem if I use an electronic screwdriver right ? It's not a huge one, just really small one that screws in slowly.

hmm for some reason the motherboard isn't lining up with the standoffs. I placed them right, I put the stand offs in A B C D E F J K L.

Nevermind, everything went fine :) So motherboard is in, now just have to wait for the other parts can't wait :)

edit: Yeah paton, it's just the I/O shield wasn't in right so it did not line up.

Quick question on the power supply.. I am going for Modular? Is there any performance difference between a normal one and a modular?

How much wattage should I be looking for? 600 ? 700?

Its okay, but to give you a psu leasen.

Theres 2 things to a psu rating Watts and Amps.

The OCZ has 700W and 2 12V rails at 25Amps. With multi rails you can't just add them to get 50A, its more like 47A.
Now to tell a good psu, you want lots of Amps on the 12s. For example my silverstone da700, I have 700W and 56A. 10 more for the same Wattage.

Basically, the OCZ is about a 600W psu marked as a 700W.
If you look, the 600W has the exact same specs... And is cheaper.

Thats my opinion... take it as you see fit.

Yha more Amps is usualy a sign of a better psu.

Yha it sorta has 2 12s.., ones a negative 12V. The tx line is a single rail with 60A. Thats a great psu, and thus the high price.

The quality between my 700 with 56A and the 750tx with 60A are about the same. Where as my 700 and the ocz 700, i got 56A the ocz says ~48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom