desktop stereo speakers make buzzing noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whyte

Solid State Member
I'm using a laptop and when I turn on the speakers and turn up the volume, I hear buzzing, the higher I turn up the volume, the higher the buzzing sound goes. Here are the technical specifications of the speakers:
Model no.: SL-8020/8021
110 Watts P.M.P.O., 2W RMS
Power supply: ~ 230V
Controls:
On/Off switch
Volume control
Frequency range: 110 Hz-13 kHz
Dimensions (WxDxH): 84x84x160mm
Loudspeakers: 2x2,5", magnetically shielded
Impedance: 4 0hm
Audio input: 3.5 mm stereo jack

What do I have to do to get rid of the buzzing? Also, my audio driver is SoundMAX HD Audio 0. So could the audio driver be the problem, should I get a different audio driver?

Electrical interference. Move it away from the laptop, or any other electrical appliances you have. Move it around till the buzzing subsides/stops

Electrical interference. Move it away from the laptop, or any other electrical appliances you have. Move it around till the buzzing subsides/stops
Are radiators and lamps electrical appliances? And is there really no other way?

If they plug into the wall, yes. Some speakers are more prone to electrical interference than others. My Logitech Z-4 speakers run fine, and I have 2 computers, 2 monitors, 1 printer, router, cable modem, phone, clock radio and lamp here.

If they plug into the wall, yes. Some speakers are more prone to electrical interference than others. My Logitech Z-4 speakers run fine, and I have 2 computers, 2 monitors, 1 printer, router, cable modem, phone, clock radio and lamp here.
The only things that I have plugged into the wall in the room where the speakers are besides the laptop are two lamps. All the radiators in my house are on the wall, so I think that means that they are not plugged into anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom