Whats a good heavy mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
My uncle was using my Logitech G5 the other day and he liked how it had some weight to it and was larger than a average mouse. So I was wanting to get him a new mouse that was large and heavy but without spending a bunch of money. He doesnt game at all so it doesn't need to be anything special, just large, heavy, and some side buttons would be nice.

Any suggestions?

This one is pretty heavy....... not sure how good though.

fat-mouse.jpg

The Microsoft 5000 may be the mouse for your uncle. It has a fairly heavy/solid feel to it, has a side button on the left and right, and is wireless.
Newegg.com - Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000

Amazon.com: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000: Electronics

It's cheaper at amazon.

I'll have to see if I can find that in a store and check it out. Was planning on going wired but at that cost and if the battery last as long as they say maybe I'll get that. Do you know if its similar in size to the 3000? Thats a big mouse but wasn't heavy. Or do you know if the 6000 weighs a lot to? They have that for a little less and its a bigger number so maybe its better lol.

I'll have to see if I can find that in a store and check it out. Was planning on going wired but at that cost and if the battery last as long as they say maybe I'll get that. Do you know if its similar in size to the 3000? Thats a big mouse but wasn't heavy. Or do you know if the 6000 weighs a lot to? They have that for a little less and its a bigger number so maybe its better lol.

It is quite a bit bigger than the 3000, the 3000 seems like a mini version of this mouse. I would estimate this mouse to be 30%-50% larger. The 3000 is also pretty light in comparison to the 5000. I have never held the 6000 and do not know it's weight.
I haven't felt a whole lot of computer mouses, but the 5000 has defiantly been the heaviest. It weighs a little more than the older bulky Dell mouses that are commonly seen at public institutions.
As a side note the Razer Salmosa (full size, non-mini) is an extremely light mouse in comparison to the Microsoft 5000.
Defiantly follow Trotter's advice and go to a store and feel the computer mouses to get an idea of how your uncle might like them.

I recommend the OCZ Behemoth, as it's name implies it's bigger than the average mouse. I've had one for a while now and absolutely love it, it also has removable weights like the G5.

Sadly they seem to be discontinued so it may be difficult to find one. I kind of wish I picked up one for my laptop too back when I had the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom