Build Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekevin4

Solid State Member
Looking to build a PC for the first time in what seems like ages (probably a good 6 or 7 years). Aiming for a high-end PC that won't soon become outdated. I went ahead and did some research and put a list of components together (just tower/contents) that I think will serve my purpose (gaming/graphic design enthusiast). I was merely hoping for some feedback on the components I have selected (price range about 1500 tops).

CASE
MB
CPU
PSU
VIDEO CARD
RAM
CPU COOLER
HDD(x2)
OPTICAL DRIVE

comments/suggestions welcome

It all looks good, but the power supply is way more power than you'll need. And if I was going to buy that large of a power supply ABS wouldn't be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice.

This is a good choice for a single video card.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

I would go with this power supply if your considering Crossfire in the future.
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ST1000-P 1000W ATX 12V v2.3 & EPS 12V 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Yea I know the PSU would be overkill for that set-up, but as you guys guessed I was trying to have it set-up so that I would be able to bring in another card for crossfire in the near future. I'll look into the other power supply you suggested as well, thanks for the input. And Justin2011 I tried to compare the 6870 and the 6850 but I noticed very minute differences between them so wasn't sure if grabbing the 6870 was really worth it or not but I'll put so more research into it since the prices are so close, and thanks for pointing out the 1600Mhz g-skills, I had thought that was what I selected but I see I made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom