Do 1920x1080 over 60 hz refresh rate monitors exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velo222

Beta member
Just wondering if there are monitors that can do 1920x1080 resolution at 70+ hz refresh rate specifically.

I know it's kind of picky, but 60 hz at 1920x1080 on my current lcd monitor hurts my eyes for some reason. And if I go to 75 hz on say a lower resolution, my eyes feel a LOT more comfortable.

I would like to be able to have the high def res (1920x1080), but at a higher refresh rate than 60 hz.

That's odd. To my knowledge a monitor should be able to produce it's native resolution at whatever its refresh rate is. Are you sure it is actually putting out in 75 hz?

This is kinda a double edged sword really. Cause technically speaking Druid is right. But it also comes down to the monitor in use. If the monitor cant do that resolution at that refresh rate then you would need a different monitor. Most likely one that has a 120Hz refresh rate to be able to do that type of resolution at that refresh rate.

I know that my monitors are only rated to be used at 60Hz. So if i try to force them above that refresh rate, i would have to drop my resolution. You might want to check out the specs on your monitor to know for sure.

Yall repeated what he said. He said if he lowers the resolution and raises the refresh to 75 then his eyes feel better. Some monitors can do a higher refresh at a lower res (mine is 2048x1152 at 60 but if i lower it i can do 75hz as well) and his native is obviously 1080p @ 60hz.

To answer your question, yes they do make them, and yes they are quite expensive. Typically IPS panels.

Thanks PP Mguire, and the other replies as well.

Could you elaborate on the IPS panels at all? I'm not sure what those are. Mak may be right in that I"d have to get one of the newest monitors on the market that can do 120 hz, but those are about $470, which I was trying to avoid having to pay.

Was hoping there would be a somewhat mainstream set of monitors that could do it. I checked the operating modes on my own monitor and it cannot go above 60 hz at 1920x1080.

Could anyone provide links to any monitors that can. Only one I know of is the Benq gaming monitor that does 120 hz -- the one that is $470 :eek: I may be willing to pay for it if I have to.

Your "3d" models can do over 60hz but thats not really necessary to your cause. An IPS panel is a higher quality panel geared mainly for professionals that do 3d graphics ect ect. You pay a pretty penny for these (depending on quality and model, sometimes upwards of 1000) but its worth it in the long run.

You can go to Newegg and simply search your resolution and size, then search for a vertical refresh of over 60hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom