Dell Inspiron mini RAM upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilchris357

Solid State Member
I brought a Dell Inspiron Mini,its a X-Mas present for my 11 yr old. She is into the basic online games, minor videos editing (for U-tube) and her school projects, web surfing and simple word processing.
My question is will that netbook have enough memory to support that? I have been reading that you can upgrade the RAM for faster processing? Is that correct and if so how is that accomplished?

Well you will have to read the manual on how to do it exactly. As each laptop/netbook is different. Some require you to remove the keyboard in order to get to the RAM area, while others have a panel that is removed from the bottom that can give you quick access to the RAM for replacing.

But yes having a bit more than the 1GB of RAM that netbooks come with will help.

That does not help us much, what is your model? 1018 or 1012? Each take different speeds of RAM.

You can bump it up to 2GB. I believe you have to do that with a single stick. That compartment should be on the bottom of the case.

Sadly, that is about all you can do. Will give her a little headroom, but don't expect to play graphic intensive games.

Sorry about that, I meant go back and put in the model, it is the 1012. Thanks for the input. One last thing, is there a certain stick that I should use?

That's what I am looking for. Thanks for the quick reply. One last thing, Can I upgrade to the full version of windows 7 w/ this memory upgrade or is that asking too much?

If your running Starter upgrade to Home Premium. If your have Home Premium, it makes no sense to upgrade. As Professional only has upgraded Networking. Not needed for home use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom