Bad Video card or M.B.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT_N8

In Runtime
Since i work the computer all day, my desktop at home is turned on maybe once a week. I went to use it the other night and I hit the power button, then nothing displays on my monitor! I clicked the power button on the monitor and it says that it is in sleep mode and to press a key or move the mouse. It appears that possibly none of the USBs are working either b/c my keyboard lights don't light up. I tried accessing the files on the desktop from my laptop on the network and it gave an error then all my shared files disappeared like it was off network. Anyone ever experienced this or know ways to confirm whether my MB or VC went bad??

Thanks for your help, as usual!
Nate

the power comes on as if the PC was booting up. The lights and fans come on as well. I didn't see any POST codes either. The desktop is just a stock Dell
Dimension 3000 (bout 5 years old) I have replaced the cd burner w/ a dvd burner and added an internal HD but thats about it.

Well you don't have a graphics card, you have integrated graphics on the motherboard.

Have you tried resetting the bios?
To do this unplug the power and on the motherboard there should be a coin battery, remove it.
Press the power button a couple of times while it's like this and place everything back where you found it and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom