Help Overclocking HD 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillstalker

Baseband Member
Hey people! Looking to overclock my HD 5770. It's supvendor is Sapphire and its also vapor-x :). GPU-Z is here:
View attachment 4586

Also why your at it maybe you could help me overclock my CPU aswell? :D
CPU-Z:
View attachment 4587

Really have very basic knowledge of overclocking, but obviously want it clocked as high as possible yet stable :). My PSU is Scan.co.uk: Colours IT Silent 650W Power Supply (PSU) - 650UB if that helps and im happy to add anymore information you guys may need.
Thanks in advance,
Chillstalker :devil:

Attachments

• GPU.jpg
    GPU.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 327
  • CPU.jpg
    CPU.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 345
I will follow this thread - as I have the exact GPU and CPU and have never overclocked anything.

Slaymate is the master at OCing CPUs. I'll leave that to him.

But, with the 5770, I have the very same. I overclocked it myself, rather simple.

You want to have Catylist Control Center open to the ATI overdrive screen. Click to enable ATI Overdrive. The standard should be GPU clock = 850Mhz, Memory clock = 1350Mhz. Next you want to download Furmark. Install, and run. Go back to Catylist, and turn the slider up on GPU and Memory. You want to increase GPU by 15Mhz, Memory by 10Mhz. After each rise, apply it, and run Furmark to check for pixels. Watch temps as well. If you see your LCD flicker, or any imperfections on your screen/Furmark, stop it, and turn it down .05Mhz. If you get a BSOD, or your screens stop responding, your Memory clock is too high.

For longetivity tests, run an intensive game like SC2 on ultimate settings for awhile, plat a few games. If you notice any flickering, turn the GPU clock down.

I have mine up to 935Mhz, 1350Mhz

(dont be discouraged by what "Current Values" says, It will rev up when in use)

You will hit a wall overclocking the card in Catalyst, and you can not increase the voltage there either. If you want to go a bit further - while staying quite safe, download the AMD GPU Clock Tool and use that for the overclocking itself, and then download MSI Afterburner and use it for making a custom fan profile.

Hi MindoverMaster, ATI overdrive only moves the slider up in 25 Mhz, on both the gpu clock and Memory, would it be a good idea to change them straight to what yours is clocked to?

EDIT: nevermind i lied, i can change 15Mhz a time i was just being stupid :)

Snowsurfer: The max that Catylist OCs it to is enough for it. At the rate I am at, is 25Mhz from max, and at 940, I get flashes on my screen. While you can go higher, it may not be stable.

Chill: :lol: The slider is very touchy.

Snowsurfer: The max that Catylist OCs it to is enough for it. At the rate I am at, is 25Mhz from max, and at 940, I get flashes on my screen. While you can go higher, it may not be stable.

How can you know that when you can not change voltage inside Catalyst, and if you haven't played with the voltage you don't really know where your top OC is, especially with a card so nicely cooled like a Vapor-X? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom