Crash on boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a 775 board I'm selling in BST. But me being in the states, it will cost a lot to ship. You have an Aria store close to you? A friend over there goes to it all the time.

Ok i think we have stoped his pc from turning off, he had to much thermal compound on his cpu, it loaded into windows for about a min, but then restart without a BSOD but then crashed on the load up screen after it restart.

dont supose anyone has any idea's to what we can do, im in safemode in command prompt.

Upload the minidump files, 0x00000007b is also related to corrupt memory, or a faulty memory controller, not just a bad hard drive.

If you can, run memtest86+ on the computer to test the memory, buy parts with out knowing exactly what's wrong won't be the best thing at this point, also, while in windows, download and run hwmonitor from cpuid.com and post up the temps, hopefully the onboard sensors work.

Ok im out of safemode with command prompt and it LOADED! into normal safemode! HOORAYYYY!

we have to put memtest on a cd dont we?

*EDIT*

it booted into normal windows, but come up with a erorr reporting thing, to send off an error report, but then rebooted, we cant see what it is.

*EDIT*
he doesnt want to download memtest and the HWmonitor, he thinks its a softwear/boot problem, we can get into safe mode fine, and safemode has no drivers, mybe its them causeing the problem?

Possible, but, think about this, safemode, you load no drivers, so, less ram is being used, if your drivers aren't being loaded, and aren't loading into corrupt memory, chances are, you won't BSOD. running diagnostics does not hurt.

Yah i just told him and he cant be botherd, so stuff him lol, if it ruins his pc even more useing it in safe mode its his own fault, but thanks for you time in replying, really appreacited :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom