Window Installation Problem~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

didi

Daemon Poster
I build a new system.
But I'm having problem install window xp pro sp1 on my new seagate 80GB SATA Hardisk.
Can anyone show me step by step how to configure the SATA HDD till install window? Thanks.

AMD ATHLON XP 2800+
Gigabyte mobo with SATA
Geil 512MB ram
TDK Combo Drive
seagate 80GB SATA HDD

Man...they used to have a really detailed sticky of how to do this...but I don't know where they've moved it to. A Sata installation is basically the same as a normal installation assuming you aren't going to put it in a RAID array though. When you put in your winXP CD at the very beginning when it gets to that blue screen it'll say PRESS F6 TO INSTALL 3RD PARTY SCSI - RAID DRIVERS...so you need to hit F6 immediately...it'll go by quick so make sure you press it. Nothing will happen immediately though, it'll copy the setup files THEN bring you to the place you need to be. It'll ask you to specify a mass storage device if it doesn't already see it....so go ahead and select the SPECIFY A MASS STORAGE DEVICE option. From there you need to have the floppy that has your SATA drivers on it that came with your mobo in the floppy drive...you then get to select the appropriate SATA Drivers...once that's done you should be able to see your Hard drive. Once you've gotten past that screen it'll be a normal windows format and you'll see your drive...create the partition...then format disk using NTFS file system. GL Hope that helped some...if not then hopefully a mod will post the link I'm referring to or just search google "SATA Installation"

I did install driver for it.
Is VIA SATA RAID CONTROLLER (WINXP)

Sometimes can install window after the driver but the window is not stable. Checked with Seatools and the disk failed the disk.

Sometimes during installation some files cannot be copied resulting forced to exit setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom