Reccomend me a motherboard(1156)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickles867

Beta member
Hello all, I have pretty much finished my build except I havent decided on the mobo. So far I got:

ati 6850
Intel i5
cooler master scout
power supply
4gb memory(ddr3)
using old HD and drives

This is a somewhat budget gaming system so I need a decent motherboard in the 100-130 range. Any suggestions?

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Or

Newegg.com - Open Box: MSI P55A-GD65 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Dont be afraid of open box, most of the time they are unopened returned items that still have everything in them. That MSI board is a steal.
Thanks. I went for that MSI board. That was a good deal. I almost went for the cheaper boards but noticed that alot of those have some sort of limitation regarding the usb3/video and this msi board doesnt have it.

Ok so I bought a standard brack cooler but I dont like the temps its giving me. Stock I am getting 65c on full load with prime 95. Can anyone reccomend a good cooler? I dont want a huge one, something low profile that can take a bit of overclocking down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom