Questions about video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJamesJR

In Runtime
What should I be looking for in a video card? Let's say I'm looking to spend $100 - $200 dollars on a video card in the later future... I know memory is good (1GB), I know the Radeon should be high (just not how high???)... And then there seems to be this GeForce? I'm still not familiar with all the terms/specs.

This is the board I will be getting:

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-880GMA-UD2H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Now if I'm going to be getting a video card I want it to be a huge, noticeable step up than what's included on the mobo... What should I be looking for? It seems all the good ones come with fans. Can I buy a decent cheap one and just stick a fan on it? Or should I go for something better? I take it I can only use PCI 2.0 x16 types too...

I am a casual gamer. However, I also do a lot of work with a tablet in Photoshop. In enrolled for my Bachelor's in Game Art & Design. Though I haven't hit any 3D rendering yet, however the dragon is just around the corner.

I will have an HD monitor to go along with this so I want imagery to look 'crisp' because well... It has to be.

Also, something that's going to stay current for the next year or two down the line.

And what is crossfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom