please, about "airing the case"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechanik303

Baseband Member
Hi There !

i have problems loading windows, and bsod´s, but u know what solved tha problem?
i opened tha atx case one side and now its i can see all components running(cool hehe) and now IT WORX! woa why?
seems the only way i can run my pc without problems is this way?
but there is the DUST... damn , is there a way i can run my pc flawlessly with the cpu atx closed??

Thank you! :)

Odd. Do you have the problems even if the computer has been off for a couple of hours or more? Also, if you tell us what specific components you are running that may help.

eh no ,if the computer stays off,no, that s sthg to say also, when i cannot load win, i wait 30 mins off,and i try again and it works, lasts a bit longer (4mins) and bsod, and freeze (this with atx closed)

i hav athlon64 3200, asus k8v_se mobo, 1g ram, X800 Pro.thermaltake 410 W PSU, 1 fan.(is the psu ok?)

Thank You !! :)

We need all the specs you got. Everything inside your case....also you need to get a thing of canned air and dust the inside of your case. With the components you've listed thus far you are requiring a lot of power this is why I'm asking what else you got in your system. Especially with the X800 pro I know that's gotta be power hungry. Does it have one or two molex power connections going to your graphics card? Cause the 6800 Ultra has 2 and it recommends having atleast a 380w power supply....yes 380 is under 410 but you don't want your PSU ever at complete capacity you want the most it's ever taxes is like 75% of it's total capabilities to be in a safe range.

So dust out the case...also what are your Temps? Check the BIOS for your CPU temps or if you have a program installed from ASUS to check the temps you should also check that. I'm assuming stock heatsink and fan on the CPU?

thanks for the input, full specs below.
this you said,"..also you need to get a thing of canned air and dust the inside of your case.."-->i don´t understand this.( and "dust out the case")

>yea in the bios its 43º cpu and 36º mobo
and
the voltages are Vcore Voltage---1.552V
3.3V--- 3.376V
5V ...... 5.107 V
12V..... 11.779 V (is that good?)
the cpu has the amd fan included when i bought tha proc. heatsink??
+there is a fan on top of case and the fan of PSU, winding inside the case.(may i need 1 more fan?)

then should i get more PSU Wattage?

full specs,if i havent forgot any:
-athlon64 3200, asus k8v_se mobo, 1g ram, X800 Pro.thermaltake 410 W PSU, 1 fan,+2 opt drives(DvdRw+Cdrw)+1HD Seagate 120Gb_sata +SB Audigy 2zs+modem.

Thanksyou ! ;)

ah! and the x800 pro has umm i dunno what molex is , i know it has a violet pulg linked to a cable to psu.

Yes the molex is the 4pin connector that powers your HD's, CD-Rom drives, and apparently your X800 :p I just wanted to know if it had 1 or 2....so now I know it has one correct?

,"..also you need to get a thing of canned air and dust the inside of your case.."-->

Crazy, just noticed you're from spain, just goes to show you how cultural differences and phrases effect us...cool....Anyway....at places like Radio shack or your local computer store they have cans of compressed air...it's Co2 compressed in a can...you use this and it usually comes with a straw to put in the nozzle so you get a straight blast of air..and you use that to blow out all the dust from your computer. Dust is electrically conductive and can cause your heat to rise although your temps aren't that bad and neither are your voltages to indicate that your PSU might be going out.

BTW: The voltages you showed me were useful, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I want to know what the rating is per those rails you listed. Meaning you need to look on the side of your PSU for a sticker that lists the amperage per rail. it should look like

+3.3v - 30a
+5v - 30a
+12v - 22a

Your +12v line is mainly what I'm looking at...it needs to be ATLEAST 18a at what you're running. and even at 18a it might be stressing the PSU because 18a isn't that strong of a rail with that powerful processor, graphics card, and RAM, muchless with the HD's and CD-Rom drives and such....so get back to me about that amperage rating.

yeah, some expresions even are used litterally in some spanglish thingz..
ahaa, i see, tha dust thing u said its that , useful for cleaning tha computer then. but, you would let your case to be opened all the time , i mean, is there a way i can run my pc ok, closed..?- kinda weird statement-
R they dangerous or expensive tha co2 canz?

this is a link to a review of my PSU, at bottom there s a square showing the amperage thing.

http://www.a1-electronics.net/PcHardware/Various/2004/Thermtake_Polo12-410w_Mar.shtml

btw, when i bought it, there was not including the fans and stuff they show in tha link.. and 410 W ..should i get a 480 or 500+psu 4 my system?

Thanks Dude!!

lol, No the compressed CO2 cans are not really any more dangerous than a can of hairspray. I think you can buy them for about $3.50 each. If you turn it upside down and use it, it will shoot out the liquid that normally stays at the bottom. That could be somewhat dangerous if it goes in your eyes or something, and though it has no practical use, it is fun for shooting friends (or not friends :p).

I'm not sure about your power supply situation though.

(PS: I wonder if I've just stumbled upon another use for compressed air...emergency cooling for CPU, etc? Wonder if it would damage the chip...it really isn't wet...I sure won't be the first to try it :laughing:.)

You use the canned air to clean out the system then yes you put your case door back on. You should add more fans to your case if you can or simply get more powerful ones. Also look into an aftermarket heatsink that'll take heat off your CPU better....then you'll have to buy a specific fan for the CPU in some cases...depends on whether the heatsink comes with one or not..then get some Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound to put between the CPU and heatsink instead of using that stock heatsink fan and thermal pad they use.

You should go into your Computers BIOS by immediately pressing delete after powering up it'll usually say somewhere on the screen when to hit it or you could just repeatedly hit the key until you're in to make sure :p I've done that plenty. You said it's 43 Celcius is the reading of the temp? Because that's a perfectly fine temperature for the computer to run at. Check the BIOS for any shutdown specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom