Power Up Fails - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

existhosting

Beta member
Hello,

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 (P4 @ 2.4 GHZ) Desktop. Now, I have ben working on my computer for about 1-2 month without ever shutting is down at nights (it was always Locked) therefore the computer was always running and never completely off. Yesterday night I decided that it needed a little shut off once in a while so I shut it down.

This morning I wake up, go to the PC and press the power button and nothing happens, it stays dead as if no power went through it. When I opened the computer up, I noticed that there was a green light that was on the motherboard but if I remove the power cable from the outlet, the light would go off (due to no power). So I assume that the main power works but not the initial power when pressing the power button.

Can anybody suggest me anything on how to fix this???

Help would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You :)

Have you checked to make sure the power button is tightly connected to the wire going to the mobo?

that and companies like dell, compaq, peoplePC, HP, you name it...all suck and ramdon crap like that happens and oooh look you gotta call em out and dish out more money to them to troubleshoot something you otherwise coulda done by yourself had it been home built.

Like you said though. That green light is an indicator that power is getting to your motherboard and it's waiting for that power button to send the signal to turn it on. Hmmm let us know what dell says then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom