how to fasten components when shipping etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

relikpL

Baseband Member
Hi,

I build custom "rack mountable" (3U) computers that end up being Watchout machines for projection design, and we tend to ship them around the world a lot.

Having said that, I'm constantly looking for better solutions to keep the computers in one piece and operational. We have special shock-absorbing foam/plastic cases, but I don't really have much to protect the computers internally.

Does anyone have any ideas how to secure components in additional to stock screws etc? E.G. I'm looking for a clamp (or something similar) that would prevent the long ATI HD 5770 from moving around.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

About the only way to keep them from moving around like that, is to find a case, or add-on that attaches to the case, and can then attach to the card to keep it from moving. There isn't much you can do to a computer internally that wouldn't involve having the customer remove or put back into the case.

About the only way to keep them from moving around like that, is to find a case, or add-on that attaches to the case, and can then attach to the card to keep it from moving. There isn't much you can do to a computer internally that wouldn't involve having the customer remove or put back into the case.

Thanks for the response. The idea is that the customer doesn't have to even touch the computers, since that is my job.

The "add-ons" can be permanently attached to the case. I'm really the only one who runs and maintains these machines, but I need to have a stronger solution for protecting them internally during shipment.

Do you have any urls for places that sell such products? I've been looking without success.

Regards

Not really, some cases, mostly geared towards the gaming market have brackets for the add-on cards that help support the weight, but, I have yet to see any desktop style, or rack mountable methods.

Hi,

I build custom "rack mountable" (3U) computers that end up being Watchout machines for projection design, and we tend to ship them around the world a lot.

Having said that, I'm constantly looking for better solutions to keep the computers in one piece and operational. We have special shock-absorbing foam/plastic cases, Delete Duplicate Files but I don't really have much to protect the computers internally.

Does anyone have any ideas how to secure components in additional to stock screws etc? E.G. I'm looking for a clamp (or something similar) that would prevent the long ATI HD 5770 from moving around.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

With This Suggestion Can Put Some Cotton Pads Or Balls Beneath the Mother board To Protect It From Shocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom