Using an 8800GTS 512MB with new HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys if someone re answers something its alright, its always good re reading somethin incase i missed it
I will be using my external logitech speakers unless the tv speakers are better which i doubt...

yeah, i guess you are a little more clear then i am. btw, I was reffering to gaming performance at 1080p when i said the GTX 295 is better then the 8800gts. Obviouse reasons ;)
anyways let us know how it turns out in the end.

hey guys
i got everything hooked up and its gorgeous!!!
one question about movie quality
is there a differnce in watching a blu ray 1080p vs 720p
or a diff between br 720p and dvd 720p
thanks for all the help

EDIT

plus i reailzed it showed my refresh rates at 60
i thought this tv could produce upto 120 h z
i cant seem to find an option t change that

There is a huge difference between 1080p and 720p but most people cant tell the difference in quality because they sit far back from the TV.

There is no such thing as a DVD 720p besides upscaling from players which is crap anyways. (True 720p DVD, not talking about encodes).

90% of 120hz+ TVs have an input of 60hz which is why they arent "3D Capable". I doubt there is a way to change your refresh on your TV if it isnt natively 120hz.

well i think my tv uses 120 when i set the trumotion on...i think?!?!/
my tv is around 10-12 feet away so i wonder although the resolution is such a big difference
what sucks is that if i wanna play a game i have to make my tv the main display although its so hard to see the icons and text from far and my mouse isn't wrieless
i set it at duplicate but then my max res on the tv goes to 1680 cos that's my monitors max so i guess since its duplicate thats why its doing that...and i hate switching it back and forth cos the icons get mixed around everywhere.
plus i'm sorry if i missed out on what u guys said about getting sound form tv
cos now stuff i play from pc , sounds comes on the pc...to get it from the tv, could i just use an aux cable?

well i like the 2nd option, although i wish i cud have it set on duplicate and still have my tv at the highest res, plus what about the sound? if i have the get the aux cable, i'm gonna have to get a long one and its gonna have to go across my room just like this hdmi cable which kinda ruins the look of the room. My room config is weird but this seems to be the best bet with how and where the internet line is and the tv cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom