Why Is Microsoft So Successfull

When you die, do you want your computer to be burried with you?

• Yes, cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I will get a new comp in heaven/hell

• Just as long as I'm not a hardware doner

• No, shipping would cost too much

• Other (Please post)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply put, express your opinion as you see fit. As you stated earlier each person is entitled to their own opinion, and as such, you nor Shoobie, nor me has the right to enforce that opinion onto anyone else.
Is it wrong that someone feels strongly about something? NO. Is it wrong to feel so strongly about something that you are willing to stand by those beliefs? NO. Is it wrong to call someone a, and I quote, "Little Rich kid" / "a dam lie.” / "write winger" and so on... YES.
You have to understand, I'm not supporting his point of view. Go back a few pages and read a few of my other posts.
You have failed to make much of an impression in any of your posts. Most have been standard backlash. If you are so sincere in your feeling about Microsoft, then explain why. Don't jump out at me for pointing out what I see here. Explain your meaning and don't try to force the topic away from it.
Now stop with the personal BS and get back onto the topic. There is no reason for itÂ…

As to my "insult" I apolgise if you saw it that way. Being said to be ignorant of something is not what I would call an insult. but then that is me.

it is probably in our best interest to kill this thread.

if i went to explain in detail why we don't like microsoft, i would spend all the next week typing one post.

I don't like microsoft. most people don't. he do. we should leave it at that.

he hijacked the thread in a subtle manner.

I just hijacked it. I was nowhere near subtle. I am not a subtle person.
if I offended anybody, I apologize.

except to the man who twice insinuated, that I was dumb. Just because i'm am not from his neck of the woods. we do things different around here. don't knock me. I won't knock you

I have worked with MS products quite a bit and have had a very limited exposure to linux and Mac. Mac's are great computers, but best used for graphical and publishing type tasks. MS is the standard when it comes to business computing. Office has become the standard. When I first began using computers I was a die hard WordPerfect fan. I hated word, I hated the way it worked. But somehow, the option to use WP slowly left. I think the biggest thing that made me stop using it was when they made the version for Windows, they changed all their function keys around!!! If I'm going to have to learn a new program, I might as well learn the one that everyone else is using and switch to MS. Other companies have had opportunities to be just as big as MS. They didn't do it generally because of poor choices and poor timing.

And as far as Gates being greedy...

Microsoft is a publicly traded company. It is not owned by one person, but operates to benefit many people. Each share of Microsoft stock earned less than $1.00 in the 2004 Fiscal Year. The current price of each share of stock is around $28.00. Yes, Gates still owns a sizeable amount of the stock, however if you would like, you are more than welcome to invest $28.00 of your own and earn that $1 a year! That's a 3.6% return on your investment.... not all that great a return if you ask me.

Yes, there are probably ways that MS could streamline and use less resources and pay their people less and charge the customer's less, but then we'd all be whining that they're Wal-Mart.

I think some people just don't like it when other people are successful.

-Erin

p.s. Shoobie, you have one person that understands what you're saying.

I have one thing to say to that, and I'm done.

how much money bill made off of 'windows' periods and that include everything?

you and scoobie are talking about him being retired and what he made last year. what has he made the past 20 years? last i checked, he is the richest man in the world

he didn't get rich, shining shoes

the truth is, I don't care about that. I have personally bought 10 copies of xp. I shouldn't have to buy a 11th if I build a new computer

I also shouldn't have to buy a computer OS that is more worried about what I am doing, than making sure nobody can get into my computer

after all, after 10 copies purchased, that should ensure that.

to those that want to tell me to get another OS, I will the next time I buy one.

I'm not sure whether we are still having thread topic discussions or a childish argument... But i have to say i agree with shoobie on this one....

I do not like the fact that MS runs on every machine - i think it is bad for entrepreneurship and bad for security and i dont believe that there is a huge amount of benefit when it comes to familiarity or ease of file transfer these are not "real" or hard problems, in theory, to fix.

However i have all due respect to MS and particularly the business practice MS employs.

For a start the two biggest problems MS has/had with its OS in my opinion are security and stability.

Now i dont know how - i am no programmer - but the stability of windows XP on a well kept machine (ie one with the proper software installed and proper updating performed regularly) is fantastic - and that is true for almost any "reasonable" hardware configuration. Think about how many manufacturers there are for X86 machines and think about an alternative OS - say OSX which has one set of hardware to worry about and then simply periphial drivers to worry about - periphials which are now plug and play on both machines.

Linux i also have respect for - it is making headway into a monopoly dominated market. And is apparently stable although i have only used it briefly (i didnt have the knowledge or time to find drivers for my hardware - a problem i would guess is reasonably common with semi-tech people) However... If linux ran on 90%+ of the worlds computers then im pretty sure that it would be picked to pieces by hackers as well - you cannot have a totally secure OS, especially if you want flexibility as well.

The masses always hate a monopoly in the end however good the product is - There is no way that you can please everyone.

Bill Gates was, as it has been pointed out, a genius when it came down to business - that is the main reason that Ms is at the top.

If linux or OSX was really better on the whole for consumers then one of them would be top NOT MS.

and further to that - shoobie you now have two people who know what you mean - well said - shame you couldnt have a proper discussion which didnt dissolve into name calling from the other half.....

CacheUK said:
shame you couldnt have a proper discussion which didnt dissolve into name calling from the other half.....

well since you can't let it die....

What do you mean from the other half.....

you can half Deese .......

If U know what that means

you need to mind your F*Cking business. the man put me down numerous times and as soon as I Responded to his PUTDOWNS, all of the punctual f@ggots comes out with something to say. I advise you. don't say nothing bad about me. I won't say anything bad about you

I also don't give a sh*t about your opinion

Now you can make make a comment without name calling or putdowns Like your happy (gay) but, just did

Now you and your half can take that

P.s. Get off Scoobie Nuts. But I guess you are good at "follow the leader" . Mr. Me Too

vance43211 said:

I know u r going to come back with something smart. because it is obvious to everybody on this thread to where you maturity level is at (kindergarten).

Why would someone who is smart be in "kindergarten"?

vance43211 said:
it is probably in our best interest to kill this thread.

if i went to explain in detail why we don't like microsoft, i would spend all the next week typing one post.

How about you make several smaller posts about your "beliefs" and "views"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom