difference between the gtx 570 vs the gtx 570 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wangsatang

Solid State Member
Is the difference between both is the one has a factory overclock? If that is so cant you just overclock the regular gtx 570 and it be the same?

So what is better becaues im getting different benchmarks for both cards. GTX 570 vs the ati 6970. Some sites are saying that the 570 is better and some are saying that the 6970 is better and some are saying that there both pretty much the same when it comes to graphics?

So what is better becaues im getting different benchmarks for both cards. GTX 570 vs the ati 6970. Some sites are saying that the 570 is better and some are saying that the 6970 is better and some are saying that there both pretty much the same when it comes to graphics?

That's a never ending battle, the fanboys will continue on into eternity.

I really don't think it's a hard choice between the 570 and the 6970. The 6970 is going to be the winner most of the time from what I've read. Now if we are comparing the 580 to the 6970 I would give the 580 the go ahead.

As for buying a OC model or not is widely debatable. Just about every video card made is capable of overclocking and almost all the cards sold as "stock speed" will overclock to the speeds of the ""OC models". But some of the "OC models" are made from batches of chips that will overclock better than a "stock" chip. Or the manufacturer will use a better heatsink design to boost the performance. It really depends upon you and your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom