Computer keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

brutinst

Solid State Member
Hello

My computer recently started crashing randomly , i have not installed any new hardware or software.

so heres what happens my computer randomly crashes when im using internet or watching videos etc, it restarts itsself goes to the first screen which says the name of my motherboard and then goes blank (the computer is still on at this point) if i try to restart it starts up and gives me the option to start computer in safe mode normally etc after i choose any option it starts loading windows then crashes again. the only way to restart my computer sucessfully is to turn it off and wait for a minute or two then restart it and it loads everything perfectly. It also crashes in BIOS.

i have checked if my computer was overheating , and i found out that the max temp my cpu goes up to is around 85.

If anyone can help it would be much appricated!:)

That would be your problem. The CPU temp cut off point should be around 80C. Are you running on a stock heatsink? Do you do anything more, as gaming?

Everything in my computer is stock, i didnt overclock etc the only thing that i added to my computer was a video card which was almost a year ago.

also i have had my computer ovearheat before few monthes ago the computer just gave me a msg your cpu is overheating, i dont get that msg anymore and the cpu temp at that time was around 94 ish

Well you've definitely got a heat problem there. I'd suggest taking off your heatsink, cleaning the old paste off the cpu and applying some new stuff. Also, make sure the fan on the heatsink isn't clogged up with dust etc.

Your computer won't always tell you right before it shuts down, it is shutting down because if it stays that hot any longer it will damage the processor. If it happens too fast then you won't get the message.

I would make sure that all your fans are working correctly and make sure that the heat sync is still properly on your processor with enough thermal paste between the processor and heat sync.

Make sure that there is some airflow going through your entire computer and there isn't a lot of dust blocking all the ports, other then that you can think about buying a new heat sync with a big fan on it or upgrading your computer case to something a little colder.

The only other thing I can think of is it might be near something in your house that is giving off heat as well.

Could it be ram or some other failing hardware? cause my computer just crashed few minutes ago and the cpu temprature was barely at 72 . after i restarted it i ran the windows rating test and cpu temp went up to 87 and still didnt crash.

i used HW monitor to monitor the tempratures i will link the pictures below

before crash http://i52.tinypic.com/sevjt1.jpg

after crash http://i54.tinypic.com/ddj8nb.png

Hey guys so i removed the fan and applied thermal paste on cpu and underneath the heat sink and cleaned the fan of all the dust etc. i see significatn drop in temprature its around 53ish now. but it still randomly crashes! what else could it be ?

Hey I tried running memtest86 and the computer crashes during the process too I'm starting to wonder if its thepowersupply it smells funny, what do you guys think?

Thats not good at all. If the power supply is outside of the manufacturers warrenty I would suggest you unscrew it real quick and tak a look and the power supplies circuit board. If you see any black smudges on the board that you can wipe off then its fried. Check the top and bottum on the board and for gods sake make sure you unplug it from the wall and keep away from the transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom