Help me pick out a Video Graphics Card!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chublake

Baseband Member
I have an Lenovo Idea Centre K300 with 8GB Ram and an 64 Bit Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor.

I would like to buy a Video Graphics Card for it and have no idea what to buy. Looking for advice.

Thanks,

------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: IdeaCentre K300
BIOS: 08.00.15.LENOVO BIOS Rev: 58KT36A01.0.2009.1014.094701
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4062MB RAM

--------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E22&SUBSYS_304617AA&REV_03
Display Memory: 1695 MB
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 1663 MB

I would suggest you get a NVIDIA GTX graphics card. They have great drivers and work better with Intel processors. Here is a link to the one I am using.

GeForce GTX 275

So far I haven't found a single game it can't play on full graphics. Your processor isn't as powerful as mine so it might be a little slower, however you will get that no matter what until you upgrade.

Make sure you have the right PCI slot before buying any video card.

Happy gaming!

What is your budget?

Id like to keep it under $500

Can I run a HD Graphics card with my processor or do I need to up grade?

I'd like to start to doing some gaming on my computer. What is your guys opinion on up grades for my computer? Should I consider a faster processor before I buy a video graphics card?

Look at the specifications of the card. It will say PCI, PCI 2.0, or AGP. AGP is practically dead so you probably wont see that.

After you find ut which slot the card fits you need to take a look at your motherboard and see what slots it has.

I searched you computer model and I'm fairly sure that your motherboard is a Intel G43 Express. These boards have a PCI 2.0 slot. Double check that this is your motherboard and then just make sure that the videocard says its 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom