Not open for further replies.

scroudt

In Runtime
K, in the process of building a new PC.
To make things a little easier on myself I picked out a motherboard/CPU combo:
Buy the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Motherboard and AMD HDT90ZF at TigerDirect.ca
Ram that I'm thinking of getting:
Buy the Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz RAM at TigerDirect.ca
now, I'm not really sure what I want for a GPU. I like XFX, but I'm wondering what else is out there that'll go good with this set up. I would like to spend between 200 and 300 canadian.

and yes, I'm in canada, and if possible, I'd like to stick with Tigerdirect.ca I've had good experience with them

I would be willing to buy from NCIX.com, and newegg as well, never deal with Newegg though.
Suggestions on different Ram as well
I also haven't decided if I want to buy a new case, or use the old one. I'm pretty sure my current power supply will do the trick(750w) All I need is motherboard/CPU, Ram and GPU

hehe you should never had said that, i found it hard not too pick a $2000 card out :D

But anyways...This is probably the best graphics card out right now. Unless you want a 3D one, but means buying a 3D monitor aswell :)

HD 5970:Buy the Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 (Hemlock) 2GB GDDR5 PCIe at TigerDirect.ca

If its too much, give a round-a-bout price ;)

sorry forgot to add, you may need to buy a new case for this monster, its huge :D

hehe you should never had said that, i found it hard not too pick a $2000 card out :D

But anyways...This is probably the best graphics card out right now. Unless you want a 3D one, but means buying a 3D monitor aswell :)

HD 5970:Buy the Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 (Hemlock) 2GB GDDR5 PCIe at TigerDirect.ca

If its too much, give a round-a-bout price ;)

sorry forgot to add, you may need to buy a new case for this monster, its huge :D

well, did some looking around, Newegg is almost $100 cheaper for the CPU, motherboard and RAM. so I think I'm going to go with them. and yeah, that maybe a little pricey, I'm thinking about the $300 range

That would be a sweet card though

No problem, this card is the step below the 5970, it will take virtually any game you throw at it at medium to hight settings. Also because your getting the components from newegg i thought it would be easier for you if i found it it newegg. Anyway here it is:

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100281VX-2SR Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

The vapor-x means it has better cooling, essential for big cards :)

I just got this card a couple of days ago and I vouch for it. I play on 24" native res (19x12) and, although I haven't yet tried lots of games (waiting for the weekend), it is looking great from what I could try. It also runs really cool and it is QUIET!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom