Thin bluetooth keyboard with AA batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
I currently have the Apple Wireless Keyboard, but if you don't have the bootcamp drivers, it becomes pretty erratic. Sometimes keys press like 20 times after I only press them once.

Anyway I'm looking for a nice replacement one. I was looking at the Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000. It's perfect, except for those darned AAA batteries. I have a lot of rechargeable AA batteries with room for more devices that use them in my rotation. Does anyone have suggestions for such a device?

Does it need to be bluetooth? I use a Logitech K250. It's RF, but it has that little USB adapter that doesn't stick out. I have been using it for 4-5 months now, and I just had to change the battery last week. It has a on and off switch, but I don't mess with that. It does take 3 AAA, though. Can't you get rechargeable AAAs'?

Yea I prefer bluetooth for the lower power usage and I already have internal bluetooth so it doesn't take up a USB spot. Also I like the fact that I can use it on other computers with bluetooth without having to worry about bringing my dongle and whatnot.

That is actually the exact 1 I have but it starts bugging out very often. Clicks some letters many many times. I'm thinking it's because there are no official drivers for the device.

And that keyboard's layout is ugly, the second one linked above.

I've been using it <1 year...so I don't think it has aged. I might just buy some AAA batters for microsoft's bluetooth 6000 or whatever it's called because it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

diNovo Edge

I have this for my HTPC. It's a very sleek, nice keyboard. It can go around a month without needing a recharge (also, no need for AAA or AA batteries.) You can find it for a lot cheaper around good shopping sites. I got mine for like $134 from Amazon.

So after trying to decide what's causing the issues, it seems to be my bluetooth adapter on my computer. It's a cheapy $0.99 chinese dongle. I'll find a better quality one to fix it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom