Random Molasses syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
Getting ready to run Combo-fix now... So I'm saving my bookmarks off firefox since it tried to delete it last time.

Every once in a while it is BEYOND slow. Sometimes it freezes. Not much running though. Just Chrome with abotu 15 tabs open (standard operating procedure for me) and I use MB, CC Clean, Defraggler, Microsoft Security Essentials and Combo-Fix (when needed.)

I scan frequently and nothing has been found. What are some other areas I should clean regularly that would cause this random molasses feeling? I was told upgrading RAM for laptops is a really risky and picky endeavorer...

Laptop is an HP G60 with an AMD Athlon X2 (QL-62 Turion? @ 2g) with 3g ram.

Most laptops, upgrading RAM is simple, but you have 3GB of ram, which should be sufficient.

Have you manually cleared temp files? Check hard drive for bad sectors? It is a laptop, so chances are, it has a 5400RPM drive, which can cause slow downs no matter what, have you checked your processors temps using HWMonitor from cpuid.com?

Download that, and run it while doing what you normally do, then check back at HWMonitor, and look at the maximum values recorded, there is potential that it's overheating at times and slows down.

Upgrading RAM in desktops as well in laptops are a breeze.

I'm with corrosive. It is likely the HDDs low RPM, or temperatures. Clean out the vents lately?

Yeah.. I keep this rig pretty clean. Just blew it out a couple weeks ago. Just did a Combofix sweep. Only found a couple small dll files. (IIRC)

It gets warm, but not HOT and I don't think heat is the issue. It seems that there's something running that just LAAAAAAAAGs it big time. Feels like I just tried to open Photoshop about 6 times. (It runs CS3 pretty well for what it is)

I swapped my bookmarks and uninstalled FF. That was my issue before where it was getting horribly boggy and locking up. I'll run it for a little bit and see if anything helped..

^ I'll run that again.. I usually run it before and after I defrag.

I think uninstalling FF fixed it. Even though I didn't use it anymore there must have been something lagging it. Or else it was Microsoft Security Essentials. Had to uninstall Avast. Was acting up and the constant updates were tickin me off. And gaming mode didn't work.

^ Recently.. I keep stuff on a short leash with this rig. I think it was FF.. That seemed to have done it. Deleted it.

I found the memtest thing, but it's confusing me. Haven't been able to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom