Old computer/ new problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
We have this old computer that we still use for surfing the net. A while ago I installed on it Opera to keep my bookmarks and stuff private. Soon after that the computer would not start up. The screen was blank and it went into power saving mode. Even when holding down the power button for five seconds I could not turn it off. Only when I unplugged it and tried to turn it on several times I got it to turn on where some thing would appear on the screen.

We have also noticed that when the computer turns on the wrong way the green LED light wont appear next to the power button. The yellow button next to the reset button is going to turn on instead. I do not know if that helps out in any way. Maybe there is some indication to what is wrong because I do not think it has any thing to do with software.

No, Opera wouldn't screw up your system.
I thought you hold the power button 7 seconds for a hard shut down. But whatever, sounds like you can't do that.
If you can boot up the computer (from POST, Im guessing?), that is a hardware fault. Try resetting BIOS. Running it on bare essentials wont hurt either.

O.K. I reset the BIOS but that changed the time back to when this comp was apparently first purchased and when I logged back in I noticed my license for ESET has expired for some reason??? Lol fixed one problem and got another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom