Why Is Microsoft So Successfull

When you die, do you want your computer to be burried with you?

• Yes, cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I will get a new comp in heaven/hell

• Just as long as I'm not a hardware doner

• No, shipping would cost too much

• Other (Please post)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a life.
Or rather, I'm trying to have a life...but it keeps getting cluttered with idiots randomly shouting "Get rid of Microsoft" without giving me a reason.

With no valid reasons, it's just spam and bullshyt, mixed in with the tons of false information that flies around.

I might be inclined to take some people more seriously if they could say something other than "Microsoft sucks." Talk about getting a life...jesus christ...

Microsoft Sucks
And it will continue to suck If u have Problems Talk to someone else i guess ur a cry baby who keeps crying Bout reasons Well to b sucessfull stop crying GOT IT ..
i have no time For %*%%****(u) nyways
Pray To Jesus Christ He may Employ u in Microsoft and then u can stop crying

So far you’ve managed to hop, scream, cuss, and prove your extensive illiteracy, but you have yet to explain to anyone why you believe “Microsoft sucks” or why your statement is anything other than a complete waste of our time.

“Microsoft sucks, because it sucks,” is not a valid argument. You’re right, it’s an opinion...and I’m saying that I’m tired of people saying “Microsoft sucks” without ever giving solid reasons. That's all I ever hear, and it gets damn old. I have a problem with bandwagon-MS-bashers. Especially when most of them turn out to be either computer-illiterate, or are just bashing without knowing what they’re talking about.

Oh, and incase the context of my argument slipped past your one-digit IQ, the “stop whining” was directed at Linux and the other OS’s. Not you. :drool:

Can we kill this thread?

ShoobieRat, I personally have a thousand reasons why I hate Microsoft.

They may not be legitimate to you, but they are to me. They may be stupid reasons for you, but not for me. It is called

"Being entitled to our own opinion"

You are entitled to your own opinion too. ThatÂ’s fine

It looks like to us (Me and other people on this forum), that you appear to be a successful business man, which probably explains why you are so defensive. You probably practice the same stuff that Bill does. Or maybe not. I could be wrong

Me and a lot of other guys on this forum are regular JoeÂ’s. And if you aren't paying attention, if we are from the US, for the past 4 years now, an average Joe means a poor man. It use to mean middle to lower upper-class man.

so we struggle to have nice things and he just makes it harder with his greediness

It just seems ridiculous to us, that this man is making all of this money on software that really isn't all of that good (MY OPINION). It has more holes than Swiss cheese and if we are not too careful it may be brings the end to humanity as we now it.

Imagine if somebody hijack all of the MicrosoftÂ’s computer in the world. It would be hell on earth. It also very possible for people to do it, because he refuse to trade "keeping tracking of us" for a more secure computer

the word is out that microsoft is trying to create holes in firefox. Because they are mad that million of people are switching to it.

I don't know if that is true or not, but it sound believable knowing their history

They may not be legitimate to you, but they are to me. They may be stupid reasons for you, but not for me. It is called "Being entitled to our own opinion"
Oh jesus christ...I'm not saying you can't have an opinion! Get yer fycking head out of yer ass and read the god damn post! I never said I was against people giving their opinions! I never did! If you find a place where I said "I don't think people should post their opinions," I'll fcuk myself.

If you can read, you'll notice that (at least twice this thread) I've said I'm tired of people spouting-off about Microsoft but never having any reasons for it. Someone says "Microsoft" and you get thousands of "I hate Microsoft" responses...
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft
I hate Microsoft

It's like a god-damn broken record!

I stated I hate it when people just bandwagon-bash. Not just Microsoft...ANYTHING! I think it's pathetic. That's my opinion. Live with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like to us (Me and other people on this forum), that you appear to be a successful business man, which probably explains why you are so defensive. You probably practice the same stuff that Bill does. Or maybe not. I could be wrong
Okay, I haven't given out information about my job, but that's my personal preference to privacy. I just want to say that I'm not actually trying to be "defensive" of Microsoft when I post in support of them. I've never said I totally agree with Microsoft or their ways. I do, however, find their products to be of great value, and I've dealt with many large and important corporations and businesses that feel the same way.

Like it or not, the fact is that the number of people who run into major problems with Microsoft software are a minority, and to that extent, mostly home, personal users. There are numerous reasons why the home-personal computing market is troublesome, and ANY software developer will agree that it is a difficult area to maintain.

Linux cannot legitimately claim that they do not experience trouble in this area, too. Nor can they say that Microsoft is having an easy time. Microsoft has bitten off quiet an enormous problem, and on the scale they're dealing with, it's just phenomenal that their products work at all. I don't just say this in guessing. I've worked with many Linux and Apple programmers and developers, and they all say the same thing. If you talk to Microsoft, they will openly admit that their main focus is NOT on personal home systems, as that market is very unpredictable and unstable. (This isn't a unique view, either.)

I guess you could say I'm "defensive" of Microsoft because I don't like it when people just outright blame Microsoft for no reason, or because they were too lazy/ignorant to find out what the real problem was in the first place. Microsoft isn't all bad. It's not all good, either, but it's not this puss-pit of pure evil.

so we struggle to have nice things and he just makes it harder with his greediness
Since Bill Gates is mostly retired, doesn't recieve a paycheck, doesn't dev or program anymore, doesn't sit in on the board meetings or have any official position in the Microsoft production workflow, and is now little more than a figure-head and spokesperson, I'm sure you can rest easy at night knowing Bill Gates isn't going to do any more harm to you.

It just seems ridiculous to us, that this man is making all of this money on software that really isn't all of that good (MY OPINION). It has more holes than Swiss cheese and if we are not too careful it may be brings the end to humanity as we know it.
While I'll be the first to admit that Windows has security problems (as it is something I deal with regularly in my work) I do have a few things to say in their defense. Firstly, Microsoft has (in the past few months) made some very good efforts and initiatives to correct their bad security history. They've switched from a more-or-less passive stance on their security problems, to now focussing a lot more on them. Trouble is, Microsoft has a BIG security problem...and they admit it. That's a good step in the right direction, I'm sure anyone will agree.

It's clear to see that Microsoft (in recent months) has had a sort of corporate turn-around on many key issues, and progress is being made, slowly but surely. If you have a bigger net, you catch more fish...and Microsoft has a very, very big net. It's no wonder they have some of the problems they do. Not all their security problems are caused by their market share, but a good deal are. They are the primary target, after-all.

the word is out that microsoft is trying to create holes in firefox. Because they are mad that million of people are switching to it.
The only thing I'm going to say here, is that you don't blame the criminal for continually getting away with a crime, and you don't compliment the bank that lets itself get robbed. There's villany on all sides of this problem, and there's plenty of blame to go around.

I don't know if that is true or not, but it sound believable knowing their history
Vance, I have no doubt that Microsoft is involved in some way with FireFox. However, I also have no doubt that what is being told in stories, and what is actually happening, is different. I'm not exhonorating Microsoft, here...they can be evil...but I'm not saying the story is 100% true either.

Alright. I got work to do. Please chew on this responsibly and intelligently for a bit, before you respond. Thanks.

ShoobieRat said:
Oh jesus christ...I'm not saying you can't have an opinion!

You just act like we can't one. you got to have the last word. you got to be right. What we say isn't important. just what you say is.

Alright. I got work to do. Please chew on this responsibly and intelligently for a bit, before you respond. Thanks.

I guess that means that I am not smart.

I see you missed my whole point on killing this thread.

I didn't say anything negative to u. I was just trying to let you see our point of view. but then again you can't show a stupid narrow minded person anything. they have what you call tunnel vision

they are going to believe what they want. we see your side. but u r a minority. few people think like u. only the greedy corperate ones.

Since you wanted to go there, I was smarter in the 3rd grade than you will ever be. just because I don't talk (actually type) like a narrow minded sissyfied geek like u doesn't mean that I am not intelligent.

you act like a spoiled rich KID.

I know u r going to come back with something smart. because it is obvious to everybody on this thread to where you maturity level is at (kindergarten).

if u notice I made plenty of typos. WOWWWW

Vance,

Shoobie responded in a way that was expected. He responded with an inteligent and level head manner that I have not see from you in this whole tread. You should be ashamed of your responce and name calling.
All that Shoobie was doing was actually explaining his views and his "opinions".
Unfortunatly for you, he has shown your ignorance to certain "facts" and has probably caused you some headaches, and in so doing has caused you to grow angery with this discussion. May I suggest that you stop responding then. If you don't post on the thread, then you don't have to look for a response. It's that simple.
Back to the topic....

Inaris said:
Vance,

Shoobie responded in a way that was expected. He responded with an inteligent and level head manner that I have not see from you in this whole tread. You should be ashamed of your responce and name calling.
All that Shoobie was doing was actually explaining his views and his "opinions".
Unfortunatly for you, he has shown your ignorance to certain "facts" and has probably caused you some headaches, and in so doing has caused you to grow angery with this discussion. May I suggest that you stop responding then. If you don't post on the thread, then you don't have to look for a response. It's that simple.
Back to the topic....

if you can read into his so called " inteligent and level head manner" responses you would that he has insulted me about 4 or 5 times "on the sly". you obviously missed his monitEr comment. he has twice insinuated that I was dumb. the first time i responded by saying "that wasn't what your momma told me, last night", but then I deleted that part because it wasn't called for. but this time i am not deleting anything.

Unfortunatly for you, he has shown your ignorance to certain "facts" and has probably caused you some headaches

he has shown nothing but his narrow minded opinion. he just use big words to make it sound like he knows something. he get mad at all of us for voicing our opinion (from your comment you seem to agree with him). Last time I checked, we had a right to have one.

Maybe I can show you about your ignorance about microsoft and the REAL WORLD

Shoobie responded in a way that was expected. He responded with an inteligent and level head manner that I have not see from you in this whole tread.

Last time I checked you were not my keeper. I don't care what u think. If you know me, I never do anything unless provoked first (like to you and scoobie as you insulted me and I have never said anything to u b4). I do have a tendency to respond in full force though if attacked. but that is my business, not yours

Last time I checked it was my idea to kill the thread as Scoobie was attacking everybody who said anything bad about microsoft.

I was just trying to show the man our opinion and where we were coming from

I'm not as subtle as scoobie when it comes to insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom