Best possible gaming PC at $450 budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampD

In Runtime
The $450 budget does not factor in sales tax or shipping and does not need to include a monitor. All the components ( processor, GPU, etc ) should be the best possible aimed toward gaming. Thanks

some clarifications:

1. The computer will be assembled in the USA so yes newegg is fine
2. No parts will be reused, just 1 dvd/cd burner player for optical drive will suffice
3. Operating system will not need to be included in the computer build
4. Intel processor preferred over AMD

Are there any parts you can/would like to re-use from an old build? For example DVD drive or hard drive. Could save you a bit of money, letting you get better components.

Thanks for the replies so far, some clarifications:

1. The computer will be assembled in the USA so yes newegg is fine
2. No parts will be reused, just a dvd/cd burner player for optical drive will suffice
3. Operating system will not need to be included in the computer build
4. Intel processor preferred over AMD

VampD, to make an intel build, you'll need to go a little over your budget as Intel is more expensive, I think most people here will recommend AMD as it's best for budget builders.
-Rosewill 700w PSU. $54(with coupon code)
Newegg.com - Rosewill RV2-700 700W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V SLI Ready Power Supply
Is he gonna need that much power? Also, is Rosewill a good brand?
-AMD Phenom II X2 555. $90
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX
Duals are old, is it possible to swap that dual core cpu for this :
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 630 Propus 2.8GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX630WFK42GI - Processors - Desktops - 88$ ( It states cooling device not included, processor only, so he might need a fan and a heatsink which will get him outta budget possibly, next 2 ones are probably better as they include fan and heatsink )
Or : Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX635WFGIBOX - 99$
Or : Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX - 99$ ( Probably the best one, but has a higher power consumption than the other 2 which have 95W, but this one is 125W )
Is it possible? They'll give you very much better performance if they do fit his build
Just my 2 cents and hope I helped!

Thanks for the reply Skorpian, yeah the X4 AMD 640 seems like the best choice despite using the most power, and I think it's best to go quad core for more future proofing. Isn't all the i3, i5, and i7 processors quad core anyways?

• So AMD X4 640 for $99 ( got processor )
  • -MSI 87-G45 motherboard w/AMD 770 Chipset. $55
  • Newegg.com - MSI 870-G45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard ( got mobo )

is this the best one for the cost? any alternatives?

any other alternatives for the ram? case? or PSU?

Currently the total will come out to $366 not including video card so that leaves about $100 for the video card. I wanted to recommend the GTX 460 on amazon for $140 ( no sales tax and free shipping ) after MIR which I think is the best performance for value but it will put the budget $56 over which I think is somewhat acceptable for future proofing.

i3 is dual core. i5 is quad core. i7 is quad-core but as far as I know it has a double-threading, something like that, technology so each core is basically 2 cores in some way. i7-970 and i7-980X are hexa-cores but I think they also have double threading so it comes to 12 cores in the end.
If you're willing to pay more cash, the GTX 460 is a good card. But if you're not, the HD radeon 5770 which BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL posted is the best one.
After a little googling it seems that Rosewill isn't very good in PSU's making. I advise you to wait for some experts ideas on another PSU but I think this one is good, wait for confirmation though : Newegg.com - Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply - 84.99$ after rebates ( expensive yet reliable and trusty ;), but possibly you can go cheaper as I'm almost sure your PC wouldn't need that amount of power. But a 750W will give big room for possible future upgrades )
When you said got processor and mobo, you mean you bought and received them? I didn't understand
I apologize to you because I won't be able to reply to you for the next 7 days as I have some stuff I need to do. So you can expect help from other people. Sorry, hope I helped till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom